For all your football needs

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Muffy
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

For all your football needs

Postby Muffy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:41 am

ok nice little website here where you can check what matches are on which channels etc (hotbird/hispasat etc etc etc)
http://www.telefootball.com/

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:34 pm

Thanks Muffy
Darren will be pleased.
I know this is proabably a silly question, but do you need a tv licence in BG???
Nikki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
IamPabLo
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby IamPabLo » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:42 pm

DANNIA wrote:Thanks Muffy
Darren will be pleased.
I know this is proabably a silly question, but do you need a tv licence in BG???
Nikki

yep

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:47 pm

Yep, silly ? or Yep need a licence??

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
vt
Super User!
Super User!

TV Liscence

Postby vt » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:49 pm

I must admit this is something I have overlooked! How much are they and do you get them from Post Office?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
IamPabLo
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby IamPabLo » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:00 pm

Have in mind that there are 3 nationwide BG Tvchanels and a million cable tv. It is not hard to figure out what is expensive and hard to get

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Muffy

Postby Muffy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:02 pm

not sure if you do as most bulgarians tend to use small dish and reciever and pay a monthly fee to the provider (bout 18 lev a month according to my neighbour) We however have our sat dish which is motorised (cost 170 lev) an especta reciever (180 lev) and we also have sky set up as well, if i switch through to hellasat (bulgarian tv) there are maybe 2 or 3 fta(free to air) channels available the rest are encrypted, there are ways round this but of course this is illegal. Hotbird is a good sat for the brits to use as there are a fair amount of FTA programs including bbc world and bbc prime as well as radio stations. If anybody in the yambol area needs any help in setting up dish/motor/reciever etc i will be glad to help all i can or point you in the right direction.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

Postby satellitemark » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:43 pm

Muffy wrote:not sure if you do as most bulgarians tend to use small dish and reciever and pay a monthly fee to the provider (bout 18 lev a month according to my neighbour) We however have our sat dish which is motorised (cost 170 lev) an especta reciever (180 lev) and we also have sky set up as well, if i switch through to hellasat (bulgarian tv) there are maybe 2 or 3 fta(free to air) channels available the rest are encrypted, there are ways round this but of course this is illegal. Hotbird is a good sat for the brits to use as there are a fair amount of FTA programs including bbc world and bbc prime as well as radio stations. If anybody in the yambol area needs any help in setting up dish/motor/reciever etc i will be glad to help all i can or point you in the right direction.

hi muffy

a motorised dish for 170 lev (£60) is a very cheap price , can i ask what size / make of dish & what make / type of motor ? was the lnb included ? what make /noise rating ?

i should also make forum members aware that bbc prime is a pay tv channel ( not fta ) even though they do some times broadcast in the clear for short periods due to tech reasons , infact scot47 pays about £80 a year to watch bbc prime.

nice link ,good web site, easy to navigate ! :)

regards

mark

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Muffy

Postby Muffy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:06 pm

err the dish is a big one (big enough to get 60% quality on astra 28.3)
have a superjack auto remote, and yes prime is ppv but well i'll say no more :D
im not a sat installer or expert like Mark although after it was fitted i had no problems with upgrades/firmware etc.
And yes its a great site, lets me find out where i can watch the prem plus matches on sky for free :D plus watch the hammers. Also will be spot on for world cup, cheap beer football and snacks what more could i want from the upcoming summer :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

Postby satellitemark » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:33 pm

hi muffy

any idea how big the dish is ? beware of readings taken from a receiver without knowing what transponder you are getting a reading from. for example a reading from a south beam transponder will be higher than a from a north beam etc ,you need somthing to compare it to ! )

i know what you mean by bbc prime ,but that is for a different forum :wink:

i take it you mean watch prem plus on SAT not sky for free ! you'll get everyone going with that one ! :D

regards

mark

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”