SKY SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

SKY SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED

Postby ardleystar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:42 am

Have just had Sky successfully installed here in Vlas. Mansell supplied me with a 1.5 metre dish, Pace Sky Digibox and Sky viewing card. The process was very straightforward with an initial site survey, to decide on best location for dish, a few days later it was installed and within about five hours was up and running. For my part I merely filled in a direct debit for Sky, paid for the supply and installation of the parts and that was that. So apart from BBC and ITV, I now have access to scores of English channels.
Was rather sceptical about the whole process in the beginning, as Mansell had received some fairly hefty criticism, but now I can highly recommend him to anyone who's considering this home entertainment option. I'll be uploading a photo of the dish installation, so prospective buyers can see what's at stake.

Cheers

Ardley

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:47 am

How much was the installation?

scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:23 am

Hi Ardleystar
can you receive the live footy ? Can you pay for it 'pay per view' ?
thanks
scanniaman

ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ardleystar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:25 am

Total installation for dish, digibox and viewing card was 950 BGN or circa 340 GB pounds.

fruitbat79
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fruitbat79 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:30 am

ardleystar,

just seen the picture of it.....i thought you had put a canopy over your balcony.... :lol: :lol:

satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

Re: SKY SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED

Postby satellitemark » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:36 am

ardleystar wrote:Have just had Sky successfully installed here in Vlas. Mansell supplied me with a 1.5 metre dish, Pace Sky Digibox and Sky viewing card. The process was very straightforward with an initial site survey, to decide on best location for dish, a few days later it was installed and within about five hours was up and running. For my part I merely filled in a direct debit for Sky, paid for the supply and installation of the parts and that was that. So apart from BBC and ITV, I now have access to scores of English channels.
Was rather sceptical about the whole process in the beginning, as Mansell had received some fairly hefty criticism, but now I can highly recommend him to anyone who's considering this home entertainment option. I'll be uploading a photo of the dish installation, so prospective buyers can see what's at stake.

Cheers

Ardley

Hi howard

glad to hear its all worked out for you ! , can you post how much it cost & confirm that you are getting all the other channels (apart from bbc/itv ie astra 2d) 24/7 with no breakup ?, channel 4 /sky 2 have been known to be troublesome in the past ,in the evenings . if this is confirmed by you i will revise the advice given out by myself , as things have changed since i had mine ! keep us posted & well done to mansell !

regards

mark

ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ardleystar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:37 am

Scanniaman wrote
can you receive the live footy ? Can you pay for it 'pay per view' ?
thanks

You can if you subscribe to the optional ' Sports Mix ' package,
http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/p ... bout/costs

Not sure about ' pay per view ', which for a premiership match costs 8 GB pounds, OUCH!!!

ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ardleystar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:59 am

Mark's
glad to hear its all worked out for you ! , can you post how much it cost & confirm that you are getting all the other channels (apart from bbc/itv ie astra 2d) 24/7 with no breakup ?, channel 4 /sky 2 have been known to be troublesome in the past ,in the evenings . if this is confirmed by you i will revise the advice given out by myself , as things have changed since i had mine ! keep us posted & well done to mansell !

Hi Mark,

Todate I've had absolutely no problems with other channels, if however, I do experience consistant break up in picture of a channel, I'll let you know.

Cheers

Ardley

ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ardleystar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:15 am

Fruitbat79's
just seen the picture of it.....i thought you had put a canopy over your balcony.... :lol: :lol:

Funnily enough, I had thought to have awnings installed on the balconies and terrace, glad I postponed it till next summer, because the cost for that balcony's one is about the same as the Sky installation.... 8O

Cheers

Ardley

satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

Postby satellitemark » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:32 am

ardleystar wrote:Fruitbat79's

Funnily enough, I had thought to have awnings installed on the balconies and terrace, glad I postponed it till next summer, because the cost for that balcony's one is about the same as the Sky installation.... 8O

Cheers

Ardley

hi

to be fair to mansell it is very difficult to site a dish on some apartments , i was lucky i,ve got part flat roof on mine ! :)
what did it set you back then howard ?, & how long have you had it & have you had any serious rain / snow since it was installed ? i need to know how reliable it is before i can amend the advice given to members !

regards,

mark

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”