Any techie person out there?

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

Re: no red

Postby satellitemark » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:12 am

rgawith wrote:No where to plug red lead into in back of TV. Said in shop did not need red one as not something or other.

Speakers on TV working as in can hear background sound and music etc but not speaking.

Think will see if I can go into shop with friend to translate today and see what they say.

Thanks for all your help.

Rachel

Hi rachel ,

im sure that you are listening to the surround track & if you are only using a scart lead to connect the tv to the dvd it has to be a audio setting (taking for granted that none of the equipment is faulty,which is unlikely !) if you are using phono ( red white yellow ) then it can also be you are plugged into the wrong sockets , they should be labelled on both tv dvd. i would add you should only need one method of connection (scart or phono, ) not both.
there are many combinations & you will have to work your way through them im afraid unless you have someone locally to sort it for you . i sorted a similar thing in 30 seconds for my neigbour who had been battling for a week .its only easy when you know how i'm afraid ! good luck & don't give up . :)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

ok

Postby rgawith » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:22 am

ok, will do some more fiddling although have ben through every setting! Might call in at shop on way home and see if someone can understand me!

Rachel

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

update

Postby rgawith » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:50 pm

Ok, well called in at Densi last night on way home and girl who sold me TV and DVD and anothe young lad really pleasant and helpful and both spoke good English. We eventually decided that maybe sound had not worked in shop as quite noisy there and we both just saw DVD playing and thought OK but might be scart cable that had got damaged so bought a new one.

Rushed home thinking would work only to find still no speaking! Tried DVD player with other TV and with several DVDs - both ones bought in UK and in Bulgaria and copies and nothing!

So this morning carted whole lot back to shop. However, when tested there with DVD from shop (in English) worked fine! Played CD fine as well and all sound there on DVD we tried.

I can only think it is something to do with language settings yet set to English on DVD and TV. bl**dy thing just will not work for me!

Rachel

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lucky
Super User!
Super User!

Postby lucky » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:07 pm

So I take it you have brought it back home and are still at square one? :(

lucky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

Postby satellitemark » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi Rachel,

it would appear that now you have narrowed it down to a setting on the tv as your dvd worked with a tv in the shop. that is where i would look or you could take the tv with the dvd to the shop. good luck & stick with it, its bound to be something simple,

Regards

Mark

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Shadow_lands

Postby Shadow_lands » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:01 pm

OK, don't know if this will help but, my sister once wiped all of my mum and dads TV/DVD off and phoned me in a real panic! We tried everything and nothing worked, finally dad got the bloke from the shop to come round (I have to mention here that I live 130 miles away from mum and dad and did all my analysis over the phone) anyway, to cut a long story short, my sister had set the TV to European instead of English, maybe you should be doing the reverse?? I could be way off and I'm sure someone will shoot me down in flames if I am, but it might be worth a try.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brissy

any techie person out there

Postby brissy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:28 am

Hi
I bet i am in the wrong pplace again and asking a question that has already been answered somewhere else, so apologies in advance.

Anyway my question is. can i take my TV from here in the Uk to bulgaria and will it work?

Brissy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

update

Postby rgawith » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:32 am

Sorry meant to update you all sooner but been so busy. Turns out DVD player was not compatible with TV, could not read certain DVDs. Needed better DVD player. Got new Sogo one and works fine.

Nothing to do with settings.

Rachel

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:21 am

The quest for British sky television in Bulgaria.
From what I read the biggest problem is with antenna size and cost. Is it not possible to use several small dishes positioned and connected in such a way that they mimic a larger dish (think I saw something years ago about radio telescopes doing this) or am I just clutching at straws.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

Postby satellitemark » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:34 am

Hi theweeton ,

Clutching at straws im afraid, the signal losses involved would cancel out any gains not to mention the cost of pro equipment being more than a apartment in sunny beach ! sorry !

Regards,

Mark 8)

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”