Mobile phone contract with Globul

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chrisarvor
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

Mobile phone contract with Globul

Postby chrisarvor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:22 am

I have been to two shops in town to get a contract with Global mobile phone company,
the first shop said no contract because i am English the other shop asked fro 200 lev deposit and they will do the contract.
The problem they are saying is the ID card has no picture and no address on it.
But when do i get my deposit back i asked and the shrug of the shoulders came into play.
Anybody taken a contract out with a mobile company?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:29 am

Why not just use the "Pay-as-you-go" cards ?

Incidentally I am sure they did not single you out because you are "English" but because you are a "Chuzhdenets" (=foreigner).

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
translator
<b>Translation Services</b>

Postby translator » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:31 am

hi,

my partner has a contract with globul but it is in my name. he also have on with vivatel in his company's name.cant have it in his own name.if u have company put the contract in ur company name.better than giving deposits away that u will probably never see again. :wink:

niki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
JerBil
Super User!
Super User!

Postby JerBil » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:06 am

Sorry, chrisarvor, don't know where Mutitsa is but I would say perservere. Coincidentally, I am about to head into Provadiya to try and get a contract and am hopeful, having been to several in the west end of Varna and having been assured that an ID card is acceptable. If it doesn't matter to you which company you are with, try M-tel. Have you tried using your passport and a piece of correspondence to back up the ID card?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:46 am

chrisarvor,

Sorry, you seem to be having a rough time of it with the phone shops. I live near Dobrich and wanted the Global mobile internet product. I went into a Germanos shop in the town and they couldn't be more helpful. I wanted to know if it worked in my village before I signed a 12 month contract. They gave me a dongle with SIM card and told me to try it and come back the next day. No deposit, no address, no name, no nothing. It worked and they next day we signed everything and I paid my 99lv for the dongle and asked about the monthly payment - no worries come in a the end of the month. All he wanted was my Bulstat card and ID card for the contract.

Cheers

BGCarl

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
zed1
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby zed1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:06 am

getting a contract should not be a problem. I have both Globul and m-tel but both needed sizable deposits and it was one hell of a headache due to the fact of being a foreigner. Pay as you go wasn't an option, so in order to get a contract as long as you provide the I.d and deposit - no problems. Yes Globul wanted deposit 200 lev just for the service - this is normal and probably applies to all other operators. i think you can sidestep this if you take a Bulgarian friend along to vouch for you.

I had many problems when I first came here with the normal service provided - as I went over to Romania and guess what - I had no service. I went back to Globul and they explained that I needed to pay more deposit for roaming. On another Romanian visit the service was cut - when I went in to complain, they explained that I had reached my credit limit - so more deposit needed ! This continued until I was blue in the face with complaining and I screamed how much bl**dy deposit do they need to give me the service I require. They looked bemused, unable to think of a figure - so I threw 1500 lv at them just to cover any possibilities.

No problems for a while until I swapped from personal tariff to business - it took them around 3 months to hit a return key and transfer my deposit to new account. After disruption in service again, I decided to go to M-tel.

I could not be bothered with all the trouble - so just paid 1000 lv deposit, got everything possible including data service and have had no problems.

On the other hand, it took me a year to retrieve my deposit from Globul. I no longer use their service for making calls, its only an incoming line. The service and experience was appalling. They lost a good customer, which unfortunately is something they do not seem to worry about.

We all know that at present this is a country where the expression "customer satisfaction" has no meaning !

Don't let my experience put you off - just be sure of what you want and very clear about it. If you can get a local friend to assist, maybe you wont need to pay a deposit ( I think M-tel give a 200 lv limit on their service ).

Contract can be a lot easier than pay as you go - bills can even be paid at a cash machine I am told.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
JerBil
Super User!
Super User!

Postby JerBil » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:56 pm

Well, went into M-tel in Provadiya and had no problem getting two year-long contracts with only id card. Admittedly one was for internet (dongle + monthly fee) and the other was their 9.99 m-fix international (i.e. no phone + usage type contract) but they couldn't have been more helpful. Costs were even pro-rata'd for the month and their English was thankfully better than my Bulgarian.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DOUGLYNNE
<b>Prop Sales/Management/Builders</b>

Postby DOUGLYNNE » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Same here. I got mine in the MTel shop in Provadia and have been on a contract for nearly a year now without having to pay any deposit.
Just be warned that it only has a credit limit of 50 leva per month. You do get a text if you are near to the limit so then you would need to go in and pay some off for them to extend it.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:30 pm

DOUGLYNNE wrote:Same here. I got mine in the MTel shop in Provadia and have been on a contract for nearly a year now without having to pay any deposit.
Just be warned that it only has a credit limit of 50 leva per month. You do get a text if you are near to the limit so then you would need to go in and pay some off for them to extend it.

So that's why I was texted to say I was at 85% of my limit! It didn't seem to matter though as, in true lazy sod fashion, I ignored the text and ended up with a 65 lev bill for the month (4.90 per month contract). So, I guess they're flexible (ish).
I blame the Jocks as they kept texting and making me call them back on their UK phone when they were here for 2 weeks.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Well, having extolled the virtues of having a CLTR on other threads, it didn’t work with Globul today. Well, not without a 120 leva deposit, anyway.

Having had numerous contracts with Mtel, Bulsatcom, etc. over the past year with just producing the CLTR, the local Globul manager refused it, without me paying a deposit.

He would quite happily accept the Bulstat card for a contract under the company name, without a deposit.

A couple of amusing things that he said to justify his position were..

a) "you could go back to England at any time”, as if owning a company and a CLTR and living in the country was any more of an inducement to return to the UK than just owning a company (and perhaps not even living in the country) or as if they couldn’t go broke at any time and I’d lose my deposit

b) “there is money (I think he said 3000 leva) in the company bank account that we can recover”. Lol, little does he know we don’t even have a company account, let alone money in it.

It is a pity because they have a 15 leva per month package that gives 500 mins (1000 for the first few months) to UK (Eurozone) landlines. This beats my current Mtel package of 100 mins for 9.95, that is about to expire, hands down.

Anyone know if this requirement for a deposit, when using CLTR, is across the board with Globul or whether it varies depending upon store?

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”