Mobile phone contract with Globul

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:04 pm

brits wrote:I have just got two contacts with globul, paid for the two phones at a reduced rate and if you ask them they will let you pay 180lev tax for the year and you get 3 free numbers to any country up to 1000 minutes (home numbers only) and 9 globul numbers free and because of the 180 lev tax charge you get no bills. if you want to change the free International numbers you can by contacting services and change them for a fee of 36stots then you get that number for free you can do this as many times as you want... but if you phone any number other than the free ones yes it does cost you..

looks like you've got a good deal here - but isn't pay as you go simpler?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Wed May 06, 2009 3:32 pm

In VT the charge for the document is 10 leva (7 leva plus 3 leva bank charge)

Chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Wed May 06, 2009 3:37 pm

I can't remember how much we paid, but Chris's 10 leva sounds about right!

No need to thank me, B52!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Fri May 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Well, we went to immigration in Varna today to ask them about the documents that Globul had requested…

the necessary documents for concluding a contract for mobile services are all listed below:

. Letter-certificatory for the foreigner’s statute issued by the Bulgarian Migration authorities;
. Letter-certificatory for address registration in Bulgaria issued by the Bulgarian Migration authorities;
. ID card issued by the authorities of the native state;

Please be informed that sometimes the first two documents are united at one, which includes information about foreigner’s statute and address registration in Bulgaria.

We arrived just at the end of their morning coffee break.

We showed one of the employees our CLTRs and asked about getting the document(s). They asked who had asked for the information and we explained that it was Globul.

They asked us to write a request for the document(s) and handed us some lined notepaper to write it on. We said, isn’t there a form to fill in? They went off and then came back and handed us the paper again. We asked whether they were sure that there wasn’t a form, at which the employee at the other window made a comment and proceeded to print off two copies of a form.

All that was required to fill in was name (as per passport, i.e. in Roman), citizenship and date of birth. The form was then dated and signed. We had to take it to the bank (next door) to pay for the service (33 leva!!! Each!!!).

I can understand there being a difference in pricing on municipality oriented things but immigration is a national body. As if the cost wasn’t bad enough, we now have to go back again on Wednesday afternoon (over five days) to pick them up.

Perhaps it would have been better to forget principles and pay the deposit that Globul were demanding (or get it through the company, without paying a deposit).

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:58 pm

zed1 wrote:getting a contract should not be a problem. I have both Globul and m-tel but both needed sizable deposits and it was one hell of a headache due to the fact of being a foreigner. Pay as you go wasn't an option, so in order to get a contract as long as you provide the I.d and deposit - no problems. Yes Globul wanted deposit 200 lev just for the service - this is normal and probably applies to all other operators. i think you can sidestep this if you take a Bulgarian friend along to vouch for you.

On the other hand, it took me a year to retrieve my deposit from Globul. I no longer use their service for making calls, its only an incoming line. The service and experience was appalling. They lost a good customer, which unfortunately is something they do not seem to worry about.

I have a contract with M-Tel for two telephones, first they were on our private names and then, I transferred them onto our Bulgarian Company name. Never was asked for a deposit.

Last week, both my Wife and myself wished to have a two year contract with subsidised NOKIA telephones on our personal names. We both have the new 5 year residency cards with photographs, but were told the next day that we were required to pay 200 Lev deposit or perhaps it was 200 Lev each, I forget. The point is this, surely this is discrimination and breaking some EU protocols or even laws? I personally cannot see the difference between a Brit or whatever EU National with a residency card getting a a two year contract with a subsidised mobile telephone to that of a national Bulgarian who, as many have done, gets the contract and leaves the country to live overseas.

Anyway, I have written to Global outlining a case of discrimination that I will take up with the EU once I have their official response and policy. I best keep an eye out for flatheads in BMW's then! :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:16 pm

I may have already said this on this thread, but we had the same argument with Global. Eventually they rang their Sofia Office who said no deposit would be needed. It'll be interesting to see what their reply to you is, MW!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:37 pm

lyn wrote:I may have already said this on this thread, but we had the same argument with Global. Eventually they rang their Sofia Office who said no deposit would be needed. It'll be interesting to see what their reply to you is, MW!

They were pretty damn quick! (':lol:').

Dear Mr. Wolf,

We would like to inform you that you can conclude Contract for Mobile Services with GLOBUL and choose Post-Paid program in a shop of our trade network, but you have to give up requested personal documents and to pay guarantee deposit on the amount of 200 BGN, if you are:

1. foreigner with LNCH, who does not come from a member state of the European Union and whose Bulgarian ID card expires earlier than 12 months after activation date;

2. foreigner without LNCH, who does not come from a member state of the European Union;

3. foreigner, who is European Union citizen and whose issued by Bulgarian authorities personal document does not include LNCH or registration data. Keep in mind that you can conclude Contract for Mobile Services without deposit payment, if you have the documents enumerated below:

· Letter-certificatory for the foreigner’s statute issued by the Bulgarian Migration authorities;

· Letter-certificatory for address registration in Bulgaria issued by the Bulgarian Migration authorities;

· ID card issued by the authorities of the native state.

Best regards,

M. Dimitrova

Customer Management Department

"Cosmo Bulgaria Mobile" EAD /GLOBUL/

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:49 pm

However, I am still not happy: - :wink:

Dear Ms. Dimitrova,

Many thanks for your swift response to my email, but I am sorry to say that I am not satisfied by your reply. I am a British Citizen and I have a new Bulgarian Digital Long Term Residence Card with photograph valid till 2014. However, my WIFE is Russian and also has a new Bulgarian Digital Long Term Residency card as a Family Member of an EU Citizen. Under the regulations of the EU Directive on EU Citizen's Rights and their Family Members, she is entitled to the same status as any other EU Citizen. I would also like to question why when we presented these Long Term Bulgarian Residency cards to the Global Shop in Karnobat that a decision had to be awaited till the following day from someone in higher authority informing us that a deposit would be required?

I do trust that you can resolve this case and notify the Global Shop in Karnobat to allow the contracts to go through.

Thank you,

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:03 pm

We were told by Globul last year that we can't have a contract without a 200 leva deposit, because 'you haven't lived here for 5 years'.... the girl in the office was very apologetic having made 2 phone calls to Head Office...so we are still on pay as you go which is a downright pain bearing in mind we live out in the country & have to go into town to get credit!!
It sounds as if,having read this thread,even once we've been here 5 years we are going to have problems!
I have resolved the credit issue slightly as I now text from Skype..it's cheaper & it's automatically credited when my balance gets low :D
Good luck Moscow wolf

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mosstod
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mosstod » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi I havent read every posting but wonder if this is an area thingi have had a contract with global for three years and the only money i paid was for the phone. I have renewed my contract today and it is 10 numbers free 3 of which are uk number with 1000 free mins the only things i produced were passport lichna cartna bulsat card which was 3 years ago nothing since no one has asked for anything we are in the sredets area hope i havent missed the point here if so soz kath

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”