freesat or free sat from sky

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

BigPaul
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

freesat or free sat from sky

Postby BigPaul » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:08 pm

which will be easier to install and to recieve in bulgaria.

I have a old sky + box,can I get an installer to install a dish and use ny old box.If so what dish do i need.Or can I buy a box in the uk or do they sell them in bulgaria.
Is there anyone who can give me advice.

Ive been paying quite a bit for itv partner and the contract is up so im looking for differant options.The lady who looks after my apartment got a quoate from an inataller for 150 channels but only 5 are english speaking so I came on here and notice you an pick up freesat or free satfrom sky.But i have no idea how it works or the best way to do it.is there anyone that can help.Thanks

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:26 pm

We have a sat tv that receives free on air. Nonsense. I mean do you really want to watch Maharishi TV, or the TV equivalent of Herbert Armstrong (remember that on Radio Luxemburg ?) There are soime channels worth watching in Spanish and German - but not in English. For that, I fear, you have to PAY !

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi BigPaul, there is some more useful information for research if you use the Advanced Search facility (the link can be found over the red scrolling writing above). Type in this exact keyword phrase (complete with the uppercase AND's):

freesat AND free AND sat AND sky

Then click 'posts' rather than 'topics', and submit.

The results may be worth reading...? :wink:

Mod 8)

sparkss

Postby sparkss » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:37 pm

scot47 wrote:We have a sat tv that receives free on air. Nonsense. I mean do you really want to watch Maharishi TV, or the TV equivalent of Herbert Armstrong (remember that on Radio Luxemburg ?) There are soime channels worth watching in Spanish and German - but not in English. For that, I fear, you have to PAY !

You need a digibox and a freesat card from the uk to receive free to view ITV Chan 4 and Ch 5 and quite a few other channels inc movies
BBC news and Sky news are free to air
Your old digi box and card should be fine if its the newer type card.
A 1.1m dish is enough to get these channels in Bulgaria.

Seems to be some confusion as to what the service means so for anybody interested.
Free-To-Air - Free to everyone with no need for a special decoder to receive them.
Free-to-View - Encrypted, but can be viewed with a card which itself is either free, or available at nominal (administrative-only) cost.

if you search this forum there is more info

BigPaul
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby BigPaul » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:53 pm

In my apartment I have itv partner box (cant remember the name of the box) .If I take my sky plus card from home and use the card would it work.
If it doesnt work i have an old sky + box,if I switched the boxes would this work.

I have a dish on the roof (about 1 meter may be a little bigger) would this be ok and pointing in the right direction .We are located in Byala not far from varna.

Thanks for your patience,its becomeing a bit clearer

bulldoggeorge
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby bulldoggeorge » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Where is Satellite Mark when you need him?
Does anybody know what has happened to him? He has not been on for a long time.
I did enquire before but got no responses.
I hope he is o.k.
Anybody know? :?:

sparkss

Postby sparkss » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:19 pm

BigPaul wrote:In my apartment I have itv partner box (cant remember the name of the box) .If I take my sky plus card from home and use the card would it work.
If it doesnt work i have an old sky + box,if I switched the boxes would this work.

I have a dish on the roof (about 1 meter may be a little bigger) would this be ok and pointing in the right direction .We are located in Byala not far from varna.

Thanks for your patience,its becomeing a bit clearer

The Sky card will not work in the ITV Partner receiver
If you swiched boxes and got the dish re-aligned to Astra 28.2e from Eutelsat 16e where it is at the moment it will work
I have not tried a 1m dish so I couldnt be sure but if its bigger then yes no problem.

There was a company in varna but the site is down at the moment.

http://www.varna-it-services.com
Last edited by sparkss on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RUTHB
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby RUTHB » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Please forgive me for being so thick. ( its a blonde thing!!)

So If I buy a freesat from argos in the UK. Bring it over to BG, get someone to install a dish. We will have tv without subscription?

Regards
Ruthb :)

sparkss

Postby sparkss » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:53 pm

RUTHB wrote:Please forgive me for being so thick. ( its a blonde thing!!)

So If I buy a freesat from argos in the UK. Bring it over to BG, get someone to install a dish. We will have tv without subscription?

Regards
Ruthb :)

No
You need a Sky freesat card and a suitable receiver to read that card.

Mod could you give me a clue as to why posts are being deleted?

RUTHB
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby RUTHB » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Ok thankyou. Yes I new I was thick! :lol:

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”