ITV partner - the worst satellite service in the world?

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Maarika

ITV partner - the worst satellite service in the world?

Postby Maarika » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:58 am

Is anyone else disappointed with the service from ITV partner? I have been paying the extra for HBO and cinemax, and havent had HBO for more than 2 months.

When I asked for a discount (because I was paying for HBO but not getting it), they refused.

So, they seem to think its ok business practise to pay for something you dont receive.

I would encourage everyone to move to another supplier, to show these rip off merchants that they simply cannot survive in the industry if they try to cheat people and offer a terrible service.

As a company, they also openly flaunt illegal services - having offered me a package to watch Sky TV. When I asked them about its legality they admitted it was illegal. Idiots.

If only Sky could extend their excellent service to Bulgaria, and put these stupid Bulgarians out of business.

What do you all think?

Maarika

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
marymo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby marymo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:44 pm

In the same boat as yourself so went into Varna to see what was happening. Instead of a refund they told us we could access 50 free films on the Premium channel in lieu of the money we,d paid for chanels now not on. Of course we have to access the films through thier website....all in Bulgarian so as yet we,ve saw no films. We paid our rental in advance.....12 months so really don,t want to switch. But as Bulsatcom only have CNN for News I,d rather stick with a service that gives me some other news channels.
But you are right...bad service. Are there any good services here.. ?..apart from the recent medical services I,ve had. As for shops , goods etc these people would,nt know good service if it came with thier cornflakes.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
blodwin
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby blodwin » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:50 pm

I swapped from ITV Partners to Bulsatcom* a few months ago. I was in the same position as a lot of people paid 12 months in advance so had to sit it out and suffer a terrible service until I could change ending up paying yet again for another service to be installed. Having said that I have found Bulsatcom* to be far superior so glad I've changed.

Edited: *'Bulstat' is your BG statistic ref number; Bulsatcom is the satellite TV service! :wink: Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Maarika

Postby Maarika » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi Blodwin,

Do Bulsatcom have any better english channels? Or is it just the same, but more reliable?

Moving to our new house soon, and want to choose the bets option.

Regards, Maarika

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dodger2201
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby dodger2201 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:16 pm

its the same old bulgarian mentality don't look further than the end of there noses retail service of any type is non excitant i have itv partners no hbo sky news is going off 1st of may wonder what im paying for

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
blodwin
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby blodwin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi Maarika,
Would'nt say the programs were so much different it all depends on how many you pay for in your package. But they came down the same day to install it and it is a much more reliable service.
Mod. Point taken dozy me :oops:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Dodger2201
you say your Sky News is going off on 1st May.....we,ve never had Sky News on ITV Partners..........asked but told it was,nt available......not that as a news channel its all that good but be nice to have the chance to watch or not.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DOUGLYNNE
<b>Prop Sales/Management/Builders</b>

Postby DOUGLYNNE » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Same here, we were with itvpartner until last year when we cancelled our subscription and joined bulsatcom. The signal is 10 times better and the only difference in channels is we do not get euronews which I miss but bulsat has more English discovery channels and also the zone channels.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:48 pm

We are stuck with a pre paid subscription....wish I,d only paid a couple of months in advance. But the time will soon pass....yet another Bulgarian learning experience. What happens when you stop the subscription.....do they come and take thier dish and box back. ? If they keep on cutting channels there,ll be nothing for us to watch by the time the subscription is up. :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Maarika

Postby Maarika » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:18 pm

I doubt they would take the dish back. I have a feeling they are too stupid and disorganised for that. Although they are smart enough to call you when your subscription is up. They called me just to tell me that. They didnt say anything about renewing, just wanted to tell me that it was up. So, no brains to try and make a sale. But thats Bulgaria all over isnt it.

M.

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”