Globul phone users, advice needed.

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Globul phone users, advice needed.

Postby Cameo » Wed May 06, 2009 3:02 pm

I have had a Global pay as you go phone for several months now, but recently when I go to buy credit in the Global office in Kauflands the young lad there trys to get me to buy a contract with Global, saying its cheaper. What I would like to know from all you Global contract people is, do you fing that you use up all your free minutes on the Global contract deal, and more importantly do you end up with a big 'extra bill' at the end of each month. Reason I ask this is the in the UK all my kids have these contract phones and they all seem to get big monthly bills on top of their monthly contract payment.

I tend to only ring other mobile numbers here in BG and calls to the UK are to mobiles too. So does anyone have any opinions on whether I will be best staying with pay as you go, or is contract the best way. Dont want to take out a 12 month contract and then find out that Im getting big monthly bills too.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Cameo, it will always depend on the package that you have and your typical usage. However, the one thing that you can probably say for certain is that a phone call (mobile to mobile (Globul or a.n.other) or mobile to landline) will never cost you more under contract than on payg and will usually be a lot less.

An example, I have a MTel contract now (used to have payg) which costs me 9.95 leva per month. I typically spend 15-25 leva per month, including that 9.95 charge (because my requirements don’t fully match the basis for the plan), but when I was on payg I was spending typically over 30 leva per month. So, in the long run, I am saving. I’m sure that it would be a similar situation with Globul.

See the other thread about what documentation is required from Globul, if you enter a contract with them.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Wed May 06, 2009 4:09 pm

I have a 15 leva per month, 10 'free' Friends and Family numbers and 500 minutes. (To start with it was 1000 minutes). 3 of those friends can be anywhere in Europe or North America - as long as the calls are to a landline. On top, you must pay for calls to other networks - around 27 stots and text messages. My 15 leva usually ends up being closer to 18 leva per month.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dvdtv
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dvdtv » Wed May 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi Cameo,

If you have a computer, which you have, take a look at voipraider for all you calls to the uk, and here in bulgaria, landlines and mobiles, i have been using this for around 3 years link below, hope you find this usefull

http://www.voipraider.com/en/index.html

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Wed May 06, 2009 7:39 pm

We have 2 contract phones with Globul.....after having Pay As You Go for a couple of years. Between us we have 1500 free minutes a month....we never go over that.....thats a lot of talking to those free numbers. As for a bill, we normally pay some money up front then when in Varna from time to time we put some money in our account so never have to worry about going to pay the bill....we are always ahead. It works well for us.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:07 pm

With pay as you go you aren't locked into any trading period - only however long it takes you to use up your phn credit

It may become the case that Globul & MTel attempt to get everyone on contract by phasing our pay as you go by making oh so expensive

It depends on what you feel comfortable with and how much you use your phn.

I use pay as you go sim cards for Globul & MTel which I switch & swap around depending on the reception in any given area

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MAZA
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MAZA » Thu May 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi Cameo,We have contracts with Globul with the free minutes and for us its been great i have a good old chin wag with my kids,auntie, cousin's and friends,but it has to be to a land line and we do not have big bills it really is good.If you only call mobiles it would not be much use to you,me and Jim have both had a contract for a year and now i think they will increase are free minuets when we renew it.Do you have Skype thats also fab with the web cam i get to see nearly all my family all the time and thats free,can't go wrong really.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Thu May 07, 2009 7:26 pm

Thanks eveyone, thanks Maza, as I use Skype 'free calls' for my landline calls, then I now realise that maybe I am best staying with that system. OK I have a few kids on mobiles, but most of all I try to use the UK landline phones whenever possible, so maybe a contract is not the best for me right now. But, many thanks for everyone who has taken time to subscribe to this post, it has made me think about my phone usage, and whether or not I am doing the righ think with staying with pay as you go, and the free Skype thingy.

Many thanks for all your input. Much appreciated.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MAZA
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MAZA » Thu May 07, 2009 8:05 pm

Just thought Cameo i also have £10 worth of credit with skype and i some times use that to call mobiles its cheaper with skype,i had my £10 credit in the UK before i came here and believe it or not i still have £6.40 left can't be bad can it.

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”