Radio Frequencies

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sleepdays

Radio Frequencies

Postby sleepdays » Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 am

Radio Frequencies / Licences
I have two way radios with a frequency range of 462-467M hz and a power of 5 watts which require a licence in the UK. Do I require a licence to operate these in Bulgaria? If so where do I obtain this from?

Sleepdays

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

http://www.crc.bg/files/_en/647.pdf

Postby theweeton » Mon May 18, 2009 11:22 am

try looking here http://www.crc.bg/files/_en/647.pdf

I thought that low output hand helds in this freq range did not require a licence in the uk and it was pan european but maybe some states have not caught up with all of europes rulings.

I dont think you will be bothered by the Bulgarian authorities transmitting in this range (thats just an observation not advise)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sleepdays

Postby sleepdays » Wed May 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Thanks theweeton,

It took some reading but it looks like your right and they will not interfere with anything. The power has been tested and only gives a range of 6 miles line of sight.

Sleepdays

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Thu May 21, 2009 5:04 am

Be careful if you use them on an overland trip thinking Turkey, Serbia or other non eu countries

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MarkA
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Things to note.

Postby MarkA » Fri May 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi,

There are certain set of frequencies, that are reserved, and some are "license free" You maybe thinking of the 446 allocation which is license free. However the frequencies you mention are not in these plans, and would require licensing in the UK.

How far Bulgaria has harmonized it allocations I don't know, but that band could be used for local civil comms. A lot of ex emergency services analogue equipment is finding new homes in Eastern Eu as forces move over to secure tetra/airwave type services.

One other thing to note, If the handsets are programmed with CTCSS, you may not hear any other comms, and cause interference to other users without knowing it. even if only upto 5W, giving 6miles LoS

One last note, Taking RF equipment over international borders can be a bit fraught, and -may- require full documentation. (I've know simple SW radios be confiscated...)

Just my -/6d worth

MarkA
Comms Engineer.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sleepdays

Postby sleepdays » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Marka,

Sorry for the delay, I hope you don't think that I was not interested. The internet proved to be a bit hap hazard and the cost of trying to charge £50 per month did not go down to well.

I flew the radios over in hand luggage,I took due note from everybody and then before using them took them to the marine office. Three offices later and an overnight stay for the radios they gave me them back and said no problem. No charge

Sleepdays

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MarkA
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby MarkA » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:49 pm

that's good, - a result

MarkA

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”