SAT DISH SIZES FOR UK TV IN BULGARIA

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

gordonroy43
Super User!
Super User!

SAT DISH SIZES FOR UK TV IN BULGARIA

Postby gordonroy43 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know if instead of ONE LARGE DISH we can use TWO of THREE small dishes please, would two 600mm dishes be the same as one 1200mm dish or not on the same SAT, a large dish looks stupid on an apartment.

Thanks for any replies.

booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:22 pm

In a word no (at least never heard of anything like that) and to get ALL uk tv channels requires a rather large dish i.e. someway bigger than 1.2m if ITV,BBC etc are your targets. Try a search on the subject on the forum as this has been addressed a number of times.

SatelliteMark (I think thats his name) will no doubt be responding to this and he and others have covered the theoretical size of dish a number of times.

You might consider internet access to uk tv as the best solution! Again well covered if you do a search. Even the cheapest PC with a TV or similar out will perform pretty well and you can timeshift TV to watch at your leisure. I am assuming of course, that your apartment is likely in an area supplied by landline BTK internet. There are other solutions of course, but the BTK way (if it is available to you) is undoubtedly the cheapest and most reliable, not to mention the fastest.

Good luck - not been too specific on any one method as this is well covered I think elsewhere on this forum.

sparkss

dish size

Postby sparkss » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:09 pm

A 1m Dish will receive ITV Ch4 CH5 and most of Sky content
Its not a large dish and looks ok at least better than 3 dishs
You cannot receive BBC Content in Bulgaria on a Satellite dish.

ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ardleystar » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:23 am

For Sveti Vlas I use a 1.5 metre dish to receive Sky and I subscribe to VPNUK, providing me with a UK IP address thereby allowing me to receive 'Catch up TV' and 'Live TV', which lets me watch BBC, ITV etc.

gordonroy43
Super User!
Super User!

THANKS

Postby gordonroy43 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:47 am

Thank you for your replies.

What i really want to know is can you use two or three small dishes into one feed all from the same sat, or would two 600mm dishes by doing this be more or less the same as a 1200mm dish, a large dish would look silly on an apartment where we are.

Thanks

ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ardleystar » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Regrettably it's not proportionate, what's important is the total surface area of a dish that will capture the signal, the smaller the dish the smaller the signal captured, you could install 100 smaller dishes but would only receive the same strength of signal as one. Perhaps you could talk to other apartment owners to have a large communal dish fitted that will feed multiple set top boxes in your complex.

sparkss

Postby sparkss » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:39 pm

What Satellite are you tring to receive

A 60cm dish will cover ITV Partner Bulsatcom and Hotbird no problem.

You can mount a large dish on a patio if south facing or even the roof if you have access.

More info would be usefull

gordonroy43
Super User!
Super User!

DISH

Postby gordonroy43 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi,

At the moment we only get one ENGLISH cartoon channel, we are in st vlas and south facing, we are after picking up ENGLISH tv the more the better but do NOT want a large dish on the balcony, we did get sky news but this has gone this year through the complex system which is mainly eastern block channels.

Thanks

Ford-Prefect

Postby Ford-Prefect » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi all,

My wife and I am are intending to move to BG in 2010 and I want to bring my Technomate 1500 satellite receiver and my 90cms motorised dish with me. I am English and tend to watch the UK channels on Astra 28 and my wife who is Ukrainian likes to watch the Ukraine channels on Sirius 4.

I can’t really see any problem at the moment with setting it up in BG as I have done in the UK, except that Sirius is a little further away and maybe of poorer quality :( but Astra is closer and should be perfect if not better than the UK!! :D

Does anyone know if this setup will work in BG?

Thanks,

Mark

pib51

satalite tv

Postby pib51 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi Mark,
A lot depends on were abouts you are in bulgaria, as to the reception you will receive. I have 2 dishes a 2.2 which I receive eng sky, but can not receive itv , channel 4 . or bbc , But receive all other channels no problem .
I receive sirius no problem on on a 1.2 metre motorised dish . 90 cms mite be a bit small but you will never no until you try it. Dishes are much cheeper here than eng though.
Pauline

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”