SAT DISH SIZES FOR UK TV IN BULGARIA

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

tats

Postby tats » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:11 am

many thanks for your advice. The expats in the village are on bulsat but a friend in another village uses the 1.5 dish with an excellnt reception so i think i will play safe rather than experimenting

RainbowBG

Re: satalite tv

Postby RainbowBG » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:43 am

pib51 wrote:Hi Mark,
A lot depends on were abouts you are in bulgaria, as to the reception you will receive. I have 2 dishes a 2.2 which I receive eng sky, but can not receive itv , channel 4 . or bbc , But receive all other channels no problem .
I receive sirius no problem on on a 1.2 metre motorised dish . 90 cms mite be a bit small but you will never no until you try it. Dishes are much cheeper here than eng though.
Pauline

Hello Pauline

Can you tell me where you got your Satellite Dish from and what UK channels you get?

Thanks

Roger

RainbowBG

Postby RainbowBG » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:55 am

Ford-Prefect wrote:Hi all,

My wife and I am are intending to move to BG in 2010 and I want to bring my Technomate 1500 satellite receiver and my 90cms motorised dish with me. I am English and tend to watch the UK channels on Astra 28 and my wife who is Ukrainian likes to watch the Ukraine channels on Sirius 4.

I can’t really see any problem at the moment with setting it up in BG as I have done in the UK, except that Sirius is a little further away and maybe of poorer quality :( but Astra is closer and should be perfect if not better than the UK!! :D

Does anyone know if this setup will work in BG?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Mark

Yes you can bring your Technomate 1500 to Bulgaria, I have 1500 CI+ and it works very well.

Although you will need to get yourself a 1.2m dish, and you will probably get little or nothing from Astra 2, sometimes with a 1.2m dish I can turn in some channels and on other days I can’t get anything at all.

My advice would be to get yourself a 1.6m which you can put a Actuator on / motor and then move from Satellite to satellite. This way you will get the best reception possible, you will of course still not get many Astra 2 channels but certainly more than with the 1.2m dish.

I am not sure that moving to Bulgaria will bring you any closer the satellite!

Hope this helps.

Roger

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:14 pm

karenm asked:
Have installed 1.5 metre dish in general Toshevo Area

Can get ITV, Channel 4 HD sky movies plus other movie channels, but not bbc or any astra 2d channels

Is anyone getting 2d, if so what size dish as I would like soem of the 2d channels

doberden replied:
Minimum 4 metre dish with no guarantees best to go for a 5/6m to pick them up.

very expensive me thinks

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:24 am

Could anyone please give me some idea of the 'price' to buy a 1.8 - 2 metre satellite dish here in Bulgaria and where the dish is most likely to have been produced?

I have advertised for second-hand equipment down in the Personal Section, but as there have been NO replies, I shall have to consider buying new. Next time I get into Yambol, I shall ask myself about the price, but until then, any guideline prices would be most welcome.

Thank you.

Fen

Postby Fen » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:17 pm

A 1.6m parabolic dish is available from this shop in Plovdiv for 80 levs. Can't see a 1.8m or 2m being much more.
http://www.botech-bg.com/

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:46 pm

Fen wrote:A 1.6m parabolic dish is available from this shop in Plovdiv for 80 levs. Can't see a 1.8m or 2m being much more.
http://www.botech-bg.com/

Cheers, I must be looking at all the expensive Bulgarian suppliers - see LINK. :(

http://www.satshop-bg.com/cart/index.php?route=product/manufacturer&manufacturer_id=31

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”