2 wireless laptops from same router?

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

2 wireless laptops from same router?

Postby Tiarnan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:41 am

Hi all
2 questions here. We recently went wireless with our laptop.....and a great job it is too. The guy who installed router said we can use another laptop off the router as well. Not being too sure as I,ve said before about this oul computer business I just want to know EXACTLY what that means. If I have another laptop am I basically taking a signal from the router and using the same server. ? Does that mean I can use the 2 laptops independently.......loking at different sites at same time. ?

Second question.....if I can do as I asked above I may well buy a second laptop. Bought this one I,m using in Ireland so was wondering if I should do that again or is it as cheap to buy here now.....and any advice where to get a good deal in the Varna area. ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:49 am

Hi Tiarnan,
You can use as many laptops,pc's or mobile phones through the router. These can all be used independantly. Many Cafe's,Hotels and restaurants have Wi-Fi access now and you can use your Wi-Fi enabled devices while your out and about.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 am

Yes, we use two laptops independently from the same router - different sites, all day long. No problems

In fact it is possible to use several laptops without problem, judging by the number in use in our local hotels and cafes where free wifi use is offered.

As for your second question, personally I would buy in Ireland - certainly prices in England are less than they are here, and I'm still not convinced that the quality of even well-known brands is as good in Bg as in GB/Ireland Certainly Bulgarians say that all the rejects/seconds are sent here to be sold off Whether true or not I wouldn't like to say

Chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:59 am

Hi Tiernan,
if you buy the laptop in Ireland, I would imagine it is much easier to get faults or other guarantee issues rectified.
Trev.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jockpender

Postby jockpender » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 am

surely if you buy a laptop here it will be a bulgarian keyboard...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:03 am

Hi Tiarnan,

Dunno why I'm replying after Saturday, but here we go anyway.
As an earlier reply says, you can use as many laptops as you wish.
If your router is anything like ours you can also connect to the network connections on the router directly to your laptop/PC. This will ensure you get maximum speed at your laptop/PC. When using the wireless connection, your internet speed is dependant on how good your wireless signal is, i.e. the further away from the router you are, the slower things become.
If you're using a laptop for the telly (which I suspect you are!), I'd hardwire that to the router using a network cable.

Slaps.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:42 pm

jockpender wrote

surely if you buy a laptop here it will be a bulgarian keyboard...

I bought one last year in metro, it has Cyrillic and English letters, the English more prominent and if i remember correctly all the others on display where the same.

Stewarty

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Most WiFi wireless routers claim to support up to 255 connected devices including four wired Ethernet connections.
Connecting 255 computers to a single WiFi access point, while theoretically possible, is not recommended. Performance of such a network will be very poor.
The performance of a shared Internet connections will quickly degrade as more computers access the Web simultaneously.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cmcnab
Super User!
Super User!
Location: Stenhousemuir,Scotland Omarchevo,Nova Zagora,Bulgaria

Postby cmcnab » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:03 pm

not sure about where's best to buy but we have 2 laptops, 1 PC and 1 Nintendo Wii all online simultaneously and sometimes some extra teenagers with mobile phones online using the same wireless router all at the same time with no noticeable problems. 2 laptops shouldn't cause any
C
:)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nick666
<b>Property Developer/Management</b>

Postby Nick666 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 pm

Bought a Tosh Sat and Linksys router 18 mths ago from metro both top of the range for 550 euros bargain.Both still working extremely well no problems.Multi-national companies would not send out seconds or rejects to any country as this would dent their reputation.In fact i was looking at another laptop in the display case which the assistant said they could not sell me as they can only sell equipment boxed with seals intact and serial numbers are reported back to the manufacturer upon sale.

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”