World Cup Football: TV, Radio and Online!

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Dreanas
Super User!
Super User!

World Cup Football: TV, Radio and Online!

Postby Dreanas » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:48 pm

I have ITV Partners and can anyone tell me which channel(s) the world Cup Football coverage is on?

Thanks

Dreanas

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:22 pm

It's on BNT1 (Bulgaria 1) which you could get even with just an aerial . Tim .

Dreanas
Super User!
Super User!

world cup football

Postby Dreanas » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:32 am

that's what I thought Hippyboy. Last night I had American Baseball on BNT1 and a quick look on Pro.bg (which covers the european footie) without any luck. As a last ditch attempt I looked on Diemma and Diemma 2 as they have the premiership but still no luck :cry:

It is obvious my box needs re-programming as several programmes have gone astray as on Eurosport I have Discovery etc :?

But, as I didn't want to wait until Monday, this morning I decided to go through every channel (all 1557 of them) and found BNT1 on Nova and Eurosport on Channel 1467 instead of Channel 29 lol.

thanks for your help anyway :)
Last edited by Dreanas on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:55 am

Must be a problem with your box then as I watched both matches on BNT1 yesterday . The commentary was awful by the way , it sounded like it was coming via a very bad phoneline and they were convinced that Mexico had been robbed of a goal until their studio guest pointed out at halftime that it had been correctly ruled offside ! But he-ho the pictures are fine better sort your box out in time for tonight . Tim .

Dreanas
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Dreanas » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:22 am

Hi Tim, it took me so long to complete my editing of an earlier reply this morning (was on the phone) you had already replied.

Just as I thought I had got it all sorted out I have just realised that it is BTV that I found on Nova - not BNT1 so I am still searching. If I can't find it I will be throwing the box through ITV Partners window on Monday :x

Andie
Last edited by Dreanas on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:55 am

You might still feel like that if the result doesn't go our way ! Tim .

Dreanas
Super User!
Super User!

world cup

Postby Dreanas » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:58 am

Tim, we are playing "post tag" here. I had just edited the last post about it being BTV and not BNT 1 and you found you had answered whilst I was doing it :lol:

Maybe this is a sign for me not to watch the games as it might be the TV that goes out the window if England don't step up to the plate :?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.35pm Final update: fingers crossed but I think I have finally found BNT1 -under Hunting & Fishing :o :smt038 - does my box need re-programming or what :x

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:10 pm

feebib asked:
world cup coverage through bulsat

Hi there,

I have the basic tv channels and have an enquiry for someone wanting to watch the world cup.

Anyone any idea what the cost is for 1 month to add on the sports channels ?

Thanks

Fiona

MOD

Postby MOD » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:15 pm

G8DUG asked:
online commentary for the world cup
Anyone know if I can get English commentary for the world cup games online? Ive tried radio5 live who have blocked it!

football replied:

Every game is commentated live on www.talksport.net. (BEST STATION IN THE WORLD)

Mod noted:
We are under the impression that all match commentaries on Talksport are geo-locked to the UK
Mod

millerman wrote:

Go onto hostream.net,and you should be able to watch the match,not just commentary.
Steve

Pelican replied:
It has come to my attention that live links to the games can be found at sites such as these two.

http://atdhe.net/

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?com ... rldcup2010

I would never use them nor recommend others to do so as it is not strictly legal. However I believe they work pretty well.

I read somewhere that you may have to download some new media players to watch certain links but that these are safe and also work well.

I suppose if you were watching the games live on your TV in Bulgaria you could have the commentary in English on your PC using these sorts of links.

You may have to try a few different links until you find one that is in sync or close to it with your TV pictures. As I say I wouldn't know as I don't use them.

MOD

Postby MOD » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:21 pm

FlagHostel wrote:
England's World Cup matches

Hi everyone.

I thought you may like to know the tv schedules for England's matches -

USA Sat 12 June 7.30pm on ITV
Algeria Fri 18 June 7.30pm on ITV
Slovenia Wed 23 June 3pm on BBC.

If you are viewing in Bulgaria, all matches will be free on both the ITV and BBC websites..

Enjoy everyone !

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”