Problem with Skype

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

oddball
Super User!
Super User!

Postby oddball » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:25 pm

:lol: :lol:

Ah bless, calm yourself Tiarnan :smt069 you need to watch that heart of yours.

I am sure MW will be along soon to help you but in the mean time I think the language settings can be found in he control panel under regional language.

Hope you get the Skype sorted - I still cannot open files send but I can open photos 8O recon it has a mind of it's own this skype.

Oddy :wink:

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Any of you computer buffs out there help with this Skype problem....cos if I wait on a reply from Skype my years subscription will be up.... :roll:

bulgariabill
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bulgariabill » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi Tiarnan
I have Skype version 5.3.0.120 installed, on windows 7. to check your version open skype click on Help then down to - about - and click it, that should show you the version you have, to get latest version , if you do not already have it go back to help and select check for updates.

You say that you signed in on a friends PC and got connected ok? which would indicate there is some conflict on your system? the below might?? help

Close Skype.

a. Right-click the Skype icon in the system tray (at the bottom right of the screen)
b. Choose Quit.
c. Click Start Type in search box - %appdata%\skype - and click OK.
d. Open Skype folder and in the information that opens look for and Delete the - shared.xml file. --
e. Restart Skype. The shared.xml file will be recreated.
Try skype conection

How to change the Windows 7 Display Language:

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language dropdown menu.
3. Click OK
4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on).

Good luck
Bill

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:03 am

Thanks for your advice on Skype....had already tried that....no help. Looks like I,m going to have to leave it until I get home next week.....already had it at a computer shop in Varna and they could do nothing about it.....I hope someone in Ireland can sort it.....to say I,m p*ssed off would be an understatement. :evil:

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:32 am

Type “skype has stopped working” into Google and I’m sure you'll find many, many, people in the same boat and that have found answers (I use a more comprehensive search method but Google will find many).

Here is an example that basically is the same as bulgariabill’s (as most of the links are, you’ll find) but with an addition further down by Kojack49…
skype problem

bulgariabill
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bulgariabill » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi
well in that case all I can think of it must be something in the set up on your system,? Skype is up and running and I have telephone subscriptions and all functions are working?
You have nothing to loose by trying the NEW beta version?? It may fix any bugs

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/ ... dows/beta/

Bill

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Its the new version we are using/attempting to use. :roll:

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Just an update. The very clever and wonderfully patient Marymo has got it sorted.....no idea how....downloaded something called Beta 5....well I think thats what it was.....anyway its now sorted and we can make the calls....tho no one ever seems to be at home when I call....do you think they know its me. ?
Thanks to all those who offered help.

bulgariabill
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bulgariabill » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:50 am

Hi Tiarnan
Pleased to hear you re sorted
The link I put in my previous post was for Beta 5? the New version of Skype :)
Bill

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 am

Thanks again Bulgariabill....I thought we were using the new Skype.....I have,nt a clue about all this oul computer business.... :lol:
still no one answering my calls...Marymo having no bother at all. :roll:

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”