Downloading Amazon Kindle books in BG

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

penbat
Super User!
Super User!

Downloading Amazon Kindle books in BG

Postby penbat » Sun May 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Can you do this in BG and from which Amazon website do you order them and download from ?

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun May 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Yes you can its brilliant, I was going to buy the kindle that is 111.00 pounds I think but this has to be connected to the computer to download, so decided to go for the one that is 152 pounds which is wifi or whatever you call it (not good with complicated computer things) which is great, so you can download anywhere dont have to connect to the computer. So when I am on desert island I will still have something to read :lol: :lol:

They are the best thing invented if you read a lot than the wheel :lol:

penbat
Super User!
Super User!

Postby penbat » Sun May 15, 2011 3:45 pm

oldtimer wrote:Yes you can its brilliant, I was going to buy the kindle that is 111.00 pounds I think but this has to be connected to the computer to download, so decided to go for the one that is 152 pounds which is wifi or whatever you call it (not good with complicated computer things) which is great, so you can download anywhere dont have to connect to the computer. So when I am on desert island I will still have something to read :lol: :lol:

They are the best thing invented if you read a lot than the wheel :lol:

OK thanks. You can also just read a Kindle book on a PC. So i take it you are saying you can order and download any Kindle book listed on www.amazon.co.uk from BG ? Incidentally do you know if you can download any mp3 files listed on www.amazon.co.uk from BG ?

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Sun May 15, 2011 3:58 pm

yes you are right ,sorry after all my waffling on how good it is, cant answer the next question beyond me I am afraid, dont know how to even turn one on :lol: :lol: :lol:

MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Sun May 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Amazon,WHS,Waterstones cannot send downloads to an ip address outside UK.
I get all my ebooks on cd
Best ive found so far http://www.ebooks-audiobook.com/store/a ... nfo_1.html

regards

penbat
Super User!
Super User!

Postby penbat » Sun May 15, 2011 4:19 pm

MOONLIGHT wrote:Amazon,WHS,Waterstones cannot send downloads to an ip address outside UK.
I get all my ebooks on cd
Best ive found so far http://www.ebooks-audiobook.com/store/a ... nfo_1.html

regards

So that means no Kindle downloads and no mp3 downloads in BG ?

Yet Kindles do work in BG:
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=108626
It also says "The Seattle-based e-tailer said international customers will have access to about 220,000 book titles at its Kindle Store compared with the 350,000 titles available to U.S. customers."

MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Sun May 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Yes, Kindles work in BG, you just cant get the books for them!
Worth noting if you intend to buy.
Amazon Kindle book site notes this on its book sales bumpf.

regards

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Sun May 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Sorry to disagree with you but I get my books ok just download them to my kindle.

lizandy

Postby lizandy » Sun May 15, 2011 5:25 pm

I am sorry Moonlight but you have not got it quite right.. I have a Kindle so does my wife, a friend in BG was also so impressed that she bought one. We all download books from the internet. What you do have to have is a UK address with a credit card registered to it to log in to Amazon. It has nothing to do with your ISP.

Andy

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Sun May 15, 2011 5:42 pm

What is also great about them is you can once you have bought the book send it to another kindle owner for free, but there are over 3,200 books that are free so you dont even have to buy a book if you dont want.

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”