Downloading Amazon Kindle books in BG

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bulgariaok

Postby bulgariaok » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Thanks all for the replies, decision made will get it from. co.uk, any additional extras that I should order, was looking at getting protective cover for it

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
marymo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby marymo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Bought a Kindle here in Ireland a few weeks ago....delighted with it....back to Bulgaria this week so do I have to do anything to reset the Kindle to my Bulgarian Wifi or will it connect automatically. ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
devondumpling

kindle

Postby devondumpling » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:52 am

You will need to register it before you do anything else - assuming you haven't already done so. My model doesn't need a wifi, but I think some do - the instructions you have with the Kindle should tell you. After that it should all be plain sailing, but I do hope it's .co.uk and not .com that is where mine caused problems, it was bought as a gift, but from .com
Last edited by devondumpling on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lizandy

Postby lizandy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:56 am

If you bought it from Amazon UK on your Amazon UK account it will come to you already registered with your name in the Kindle.

When you are home go into Menu and then Switch on WI-FI, you will then need to enter the password for your router.

Andy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:44 am

You dont have to do anything to it once you get Bulgaria it works just the same, enjoy I would be lost without mine. Problem is a spend loads on books now as they are so easy to get :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bulgariaok

Postby bulgariaok » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:44 am

I havent ordered it yet was going to order it today from .co.uk, I was buying it using a uk address and uk bank account, but have it made out as a gift that is getting sent overseas, is there any problems with doing it that way

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
devondumpling

kindle

Postby devondumpling » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Address for delivery should not be a problem, so long as it is ordered from
co.uk All future purchases will then be from co.uk with more choice of freebies, and prices in sterling.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bulgariaok

Postby bulgariaok » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Just tried to order it, using my uk address and marked as gift to here in BG , they stopped the order and said need to order it thru .com for a delivery address in Bulgaria

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
devondumpling

kindle

Postby devondumpling » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Oh dear, that's scuppered it and now I know what happened to the one I had as a gift! Do you have anyone in UK whocould take it and send it on to you here? If not, you could look up Helping hands - space available forum and get Louloubelle to accept the packet for you for them to fetch back (you will need to contact them for terms etc.) However, there is some urgency, timewise for this visit. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Dorothy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:29 pm

dale21 wrote:down load for free from pirate bay

yes and use the same site to download the latest charity single for free 'wishing on a star'

Yeah that is sarcastic, but why pay to a company (who give to charity) when you can take it/them for free. I hope the MOD chooses to delete both our posts... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”