Downloading Amazon Kindle books in BG

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

dale21
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dale21 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:10 am

Hi I am looking to buy a kindle from Amazon (Germany), as a little cheaper with postage.

Do I have a problem with the language will it be English or German I know this might sound a silly question ?

Or do you just program it.

thank you

It says German Menu???

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Once you get your kindle you have to register it to your amazon account, you will do this via amazon.co.uk and then you can go to manage your kindle, But I believe all the kindle menus come in English, even though the content of the books can be in different languages.

bulgariaok

Postby bulgariaok » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:27 pm

I have been thinking about getting one, and the information from the uk amazon is that if you live outwith the UK, you need to buy it from amazon.com (USA)

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:00 am

Really best NOT to buy from amazon.com, I had a real struggle with the tax to be paid on import, even though this had already been paid in the states. Get someone to buy it in the UK and send it as a present, I am sure someone here will be able to help out! Buying it within the EU means no import duty.

chrisarvor
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

Kindle

Postby chrisarvor » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:25 am

bulgariaok wrote:I have been thinking about getting one, and the information from the uk amazon is that if you live outwith the UK, you need to buy it from amazon.com (USA)

i had the problem of paying the tax as well but 20 or so leva ,it was not a problem you just go to the customs and let an agent do it
BUY ONE mate you will never regret it
Earlier this year we returned form the UK and the screen had been squashed in my case
so i emailed them and said it had stopped working ,(not mentioning it was my fault) bearing in mind i have had it for over 2 years ,first they said no problem we will send you a new one,,
nest day i got an email saying sorry but the warranty was out
so i replied and said the were wrong to mislead me and that was not good customer service and the replied to say its on its way ,and they paid for all the taxes and transport

the free books that you can get are superb also

bulgariaok

Postby bulgariaok » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:05 am

I thought it was going to be a problem with uploading if it is the UK version when living overseas, I looked up Amazon.co.uk and under their faq section it said if living outwith UK you will need to buy from .com as I think it has something to do with uploading, I have bank account in the UK and an address, its not a problem to buy it in the UK and get it sent here as a gift

Crawfie

Postby Crawfie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:26 am

bulgariaok wrote:I thought it was going to be a problem with uploading if it is the UK version when living overseas, I looked up Amazon.co.uk and under their faq section it said if living outwith UK you will need to buy from .com as I think it has something to do with uploading, I have bank account in the UK and an address, its not a problem to buy it in the UK and get it sent here as a gift

I bought the Boss one for her birthday last year from Amazon UK and she has had no problems with downloads, paid for or otherwise :wink: here in Bulgaria.

dale21
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dale21 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:56 am

down load for free from pirate bay

devondumpling

kindle

Postby devondumpling » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:33 am

If you haven't yet bought, better to use .co.uk rather than .com That way, you will get prices in sterling and more freebies. If you use .com prices will be in dollars and fewer freebies - unless, of course they have changed their system, as they promised to do after I had numerous exchanges with them on the subject!! I have now converted mine and have no problem buying from here at all - and legally

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Don't buy one from the .com as you'll have to go through the agony of customs and import duty which is a real pain in the derriere and adds quite a lot of expenses. As I have just found out.

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”