Downloading Amazon Kindle books in BG

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dale21
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dale21 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 am

There is always ONE!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
marymo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby marymo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Arrived back yesterday and after changing the password for our Wifi here in Bulgaria I was able to use the Kindle to buy a book.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lizandy

Postby lizandy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:29 am

Hi Bulgariaok,

I am going back to the UK on the 6th December for one week, we live in VT so if you are near there I could bring it back for you. You would need to send it to my UK address asap.

PM me if you want me to do this.

My wife and I both have a Kindle and we think it's fantastic, I agree with someone elses comment that you do buy more books because its so easy. Many of the books are a lot cheaper than paperbacks though.

Andy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kitkat
<b>Transport Services</b>

Postby kitkat » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:49 am

hi guys, everyone in my family has a kindle and i download to mine in bg all the time with no probs, just wondered, it was mentioned that you can share the books you have bought, anyone know how?
cheers
kayte

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lizandy

Postby lizandy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi Kayte,

All the Kindles have to be registered to the same Amazon account then every book comes up on all the Kindles.

For example if your Amazon account is in the name of John Smith every Kindle that is on that account will be able to share the books. Every person still names their own Kindle so when you buy a book there is a drop down menu to choose whose Kindle its going to when you order a book.

Hope that doesn't sound too complicated because it really is easy, my wife and I both have Kindles and share all the books.

Andy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
marymo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby marymo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:02 pm

:roll: .....no idea at all what all that was about...maybe Tiarnan is right......my oul mind is slowing down

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Sapper
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Sapper » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi all, I have had a 3G Kindle for a long time and it is great. but my husband has been bought a Wi Fi Kindle which is different to mine ( it was bought in the UK at Tescos)
I have opened an Amazon account for him and registered the Kindle but I cannot find a wi fi network to download anything. It says 0 networks on the settings list of networks. Lower down it says "manually add a Network" I have no idea how to find a network.
Does this mean we are out of range and cannot use the Kindle?
Any idiot proof advice please? Pat.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Hiya Pat
How do you connect to the internet??
If it's not finding any wifi signal then it sounds like you're out of range yes.
Maybe you can find one if you take it into a nearby town?
Hope you have success.
Nikki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Sapper
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Sapper » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi Nikki, our internet is through Mtel Homebox, neither of us are technical so it's the blind leading the blind :)
My kindle was straight forward as far I remember but wi fi seems to be another matter. It's a pity if we can't get it connected, it was a Xmas gift from our daughter for Jack. Thanks for your reply. Pat

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Hiya Pat,
Is it wireless, I mean can you connect to it with a laptop without using cables to the router?
I must admit I'm not that good either with this sort of thing, but my kindle did find the wifi connection, then I had to enter a password which our computers have to have to connect to the wifi, but it wouldn't connect right away, I just had to keep trying and then suddenly it worked, not sure why.
But if your kindle can't even find the wifi signal then I don't know what to suggest, but I am sure someone will be able to advise.
I hope so anyway :)

I have actually just downloaded the Kindle app for my pc by the way
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/r ... 1000426311
as the kindle is hubby's but now I can have the benefit of the books too if I want.

Bye for now :)

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”