internet connection on laptop.ipad

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

internet connection on laptop.ipad

Postby truckyboy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi techno phobes..I have internet connection via a modem and a wireless router, this is so i can play with it on the balcony..however as my laptop has its own problems ( i have a black screen and bought it back to the uk for repair as it seemed expensive in BG ) however i thought i would use the ipad instead, which previously had connection..now it hasnt..i open it up, and it gives me a list of connections..but is asking for a password..i have tried many..but it connects then goes away again..so my question is this : Can i reset the router/wireless thingy and enter new passwords..then how can i do this..and thirdly..will it interfere with my laptop once repaired, or will i have to re set that..sorry to be a pain but am not so techy..my laptop finds the connection on its own..but the ipad is the problem..your advice would be gratefully accepted..many thanks.

bulgariabill
Super User!
Super User!

Re: internet connection on laptop.ipad

Postby bulgariabill » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:51 am

Hi Truckboy
I take it you are now in UK and have taken the router with you back to UK?

1. The black screen on laptop, have you tried static discharge? - with the laptop powered off, remove the battery and mains cable, press and hold the power on button for at least 60 seconds. replace the power chord (not the battery) and power on, see if that works.

2. You say you are getting a list of connections for wifi, on Ipad, which obviously has the wifi connection on, so I expect you are getting a list of those who have wifi in your area, next to them it should say - -name of connection- and if it is secured (may have a little padlock icon) and to connect you need their password to connect.
3. In that list is your router showing? if it has not been given a name then it should be the make of the router - TPlink - belkin or whatever, if you had a password for that where it was installed before, that password will be the one it wants.

As for resetting the router, there is a reset button on the back of the router and you can press that but it will wipe all previous setup info and you will have to reset up the settings

hope that is some sort of help?
Bill

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi bill, sorry for the delay..but your information was great thank you, the laptop is here in the uk, been told it could be the video card ( expensive wherever i take it ) the ipad, i left in bg, didnt mean too, was in a hurry to leave, and left it plugged in, thank god i powered off the electric with the exception of the alarm..ha ha anyway i will reset when i get back and make up another password..thanks for your help.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:47 pm

just a little add on to my story..took my laptop to the repair shop, and it seems the motherboard is knackered..they could repair it for £200..but decide to buy another via an offer i couldnt refuse..it was an upgrade for me, and i`ve now got an HP instead of an ACER..and i`ve got 12 months warranty as its a new one..great price i think at £299. well pleased.

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”