Company Tax Return

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:38 pm

bottle of wine and a box of chocolates for a friend to do the tax return, 52lv for the trade register.

And for those commenting on fines, fines can be issued upto 5yrs after a non submission, so on year 6 you know you've escaped!

I've just got 3 1/2yrs to wait then!!!!!!

suzanna

Postby suzanna » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi

There was a long thread on here about having to re register companies, which I can't find.

At the end of last year, I duly had my company re registered, although at the time I understood that companies showing a nil return were being closed and I paid a few hundred euro for the privilege, including submitting a nil return going back to 2007.

I have recently had an email from my lawyer saying that the 'new' company has to pay for accounts to be presented going back to 2007, and wanting a total of 540euro for doing this. If I do not pay by next month, I will be liable for a huge fine.

Can someone advise if this is scare mongering and why I'm being asked to pay for accounts for a company when I have already paid? The lawyer is very insistant.

Many Thanks

Suzanna

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Are you sure you have paid?, Do you have reciepts?, cos there are lots of people (including myself) that have paid for the nil return, but if the documents are not submitted to the trade register then u can be liable for a fine.

suzanna

Postby suzanna » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:35 pm

I have emails from the lawyers telling me what I have paid them for!

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Have you had this years accounts done? These should have been completed by March and published on BRRA by the end of June.
Nil return accounts should be handed in on an annual basis not every 3 Years, I would be surprised if the re-registration included this. Either that or they've only now re-registered your Company and realised you have no tax returns.

Your best bet would be to check your company details here:
https://public.brra.bg/CheckUps/Verifications/ActiveCondition.ra
Enter your company details ,The ЕИК (bulstat/company number).
Once you have found your company, click on Досие (file) to go to the documents submitted for the company, which includes any tax returns.

N.B. The site may say that the certificate is unknown, just click I agree, it's all safe.

suzanna

Postby suzanna » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:09 pm

I thought I had paid them for preparing the accounts. I paid them in December last year but they don't seem to have re registered the company until recently.

It seems that the company has been re registered, just have to keep asking questions to find out what has gone wrong!

suzanna

Postby suzanna » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:26 pm

Thank you Owain, I have p'md you

suzanna

Postby suzanna » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:33 am

Hi Owain

I've tried to Pm you but the pm is still in my outbox, pls can you pm me, (i received yours) with your email address.

Thank you

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:08 pm

bagpuss asked:
Howdy folks
Can someone confirm/clarify that the tax return is to be submitted by the last business day of March in 2012 for this years company tax in Bulgaria
Also that the financial reports have to submitted to the register by the last business day of June.

I normally sort out the tax return in March and come back in May for the financial reports, but I might not be able to make it in May. I did once hear a tale about they had to filed with a maximum amount of days between them.

Confirmation and or clarification only required please
Regards
Bagpuss

BulgarianPropertyExperts replied:
Hi

Confirmed and clarified.

Gemma

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:07 am

31st of March is the deadline for submission, tho the Tax year ends on Jan 31st, there is no reason to leave it til the very end and risk a fine. Leave instructions with your accountant to submit in your absence.

Return to “Taxes”