Luxury Car Tax - Big engined cars

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:22 pm

Have made enquiries with the people who reregistered a car for us here.....we now want to reregister a 4.2 4x4....and they have checked with KAT in Varna and told us that until January 2010 we,d still have to pay this tax. So, come January we,ll send the car into KAT to be registered.

pauly
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

luxury car import tax

Postby pauly » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:34 pm

We have a V8 Landrover defender that we intend to bring out i think it has a 3500cc petrol engine but has a gas conversion. Does anyone know how we convert this to KW\ and advise what the tax is likely to be?

Thanks,

Pauly

cmcnab
Super User!
Super User!
Location: Stenhousemuir,Scotland Omarchevo,Nova Zagora,Bulgaria

Postby cmcnab » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:18 pm

probably around 180Kw but google it to check on your specific year/model etc, sorry, can't help with taxation level
C

chrisarvor
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

ecotax

Postby chrisarvor » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Can any body shed any light on this Eco tax being scrapped this month please?
Its the tax on big engined cars/vans etc being imported into bg.

spile0710

Postby spile0710 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:43 pm

i have heard of my bulgarian friends that the import tax is being abolished , my one friend has just purchased a cayenne that was my friends on english plates , which i don't think he would have done if the tax wasn't being abolished so hopefully no more import tax on the gas guzzlers !!

PMBulgaria
<b>Property Management</b>

Postby PMBulgaria » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:54 pm

Yep, its being scrapped, i am selling a big pickup truck which has not attracted a buyer as it will cost a fortune for the eco tax etc.
Now, since the new rule has been announced, i have had a few Bulgarians interested, simply because the tax will be abolished.

Good times!

Inge

Postby Inge » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:49 pm

I am importing a car of 130 kw through Pickfords Bg and asked them about the import tax for bigger engined cars. They told me that after January 2010 this tax will no longer apply.
I also asked them about an annual luxury car tax and below is the reply I got from them. Hope this helps others

> There is no such kind of annual luxury car tax in Bulgaria. The annual
> tax you must pay for your car according to our tax legislation will be
> approximately BGN 240.00 if the car is more than 5 years old and BGN
> 450.00 - up to 5 years old.
> You have to pay as well for:
> - car registration in the Traffic Police Office in Veliko Tarnovo - I am
> not aware of the amount but they are government fees and are not
> expensive at all
> - annual vignette sticker - BGN 67.00 (for 2009)
> - obligatory insurance covering damages to third party - approx BGN
> 250.00 annually

knottyon1
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby knottyon1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Help, I am about to register my 2001 TD5 Discovery from English plates to BG plates, I have checked the kw and it is 103kw, I assume I will be paying the BGN 240 as car is over 5 years old, my annual vignette and insurance and registration fee. Am I going to fall foul of the annual luxury car tax or will it be okay as it is under 120kw. Any help much appreciated and would prefer to change it over now rather than in January after the luxury car tax is scrapped. Going to Varna KAT to carry out transfer, any help much appreciated.

knottyon1
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby knottyon1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:40 pm

Just been reading as many old posts as possible, I purchased the Discovery on the 27th JUly 2009 in the Uk and bought it over to BG on the 29th August 2009 so have not owned the vehicle for 6 months yet. Was going to put the Disco into my BG Ltd Company name. I return to the UK on the 2/11/2009 and do not return to BG till the 1/3/2010. Should I wait till next March to change the Disco over or can I do it now without being hammered for import duty. Thanks for any help

Inge

Postby Inge » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:36 am

Hi Knottyon

If you read my post immediately prior to your question you will find that there is no such thing as an annual luxury car tax

And it would seem that you would be well advised to import your car after January 2010 to be on the safe side regarding not having to pay big engined car import duty on it. However, Pickfords Bg are keeping me posted regarding this although they have already told me they believe this tax is being scrapped at the end of this year

Return to “Taxes”