Property Tax

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Property Tax

Postby Tiarnan » Mon May 12, 2008 1:24 pm

This topic continues from:
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 308#276308

Finally today got around to going to Byala to pay our property tax. Found it one of the easiest things to do here. When we bought 4 years ago Bulgarian Properties were instructed and paid to pay this tax along with accountancy. 2 years ago we withdrew our power of attorney from them, retrieved any documents they had belonging to us and went our own way. Today in Byala we find that NO tax has been paid since we bought. So had to pay 4 years tax....no big deal as it ALL amounted to 62.48 leva..but proof again that the con artists in Bulgaria are,nt all money changers outside KFC. Is it worth going to see these people...?.......probably not....I,d get even more steamed up. Anyway, we are just happy to be able to do this ourselves and get it sorted. Then again I may just pay the Bulgarianproperties office a visit tomorrow when in Varna....if the good lady allows me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:53 pm

Tiarna
The best way to pay them back is to publicise it all here !

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
toaster

Postby toaster » Fri May 16, 2008 2:03 pm

hi tiarnan
we also have payed bulgarian properties to maintain and pay all our bills for the past two years , but have not heard off them at all, as our neighbour has been paying our bills for us, we would also like to withdraw power off atorney how did you do it , by going to their office or officialy, the office we brought our house through was plovdiv, they were great at purchasing everthing went well with them but their aftersales well when they have had your money there is no aftersales

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOTO

Postby MOTO » Fri May 16, 2008 3:40 pm

Where and how do you get the bill for the property tax ? :? : is this the one for like 'dustbin tax( same as our waste in uk) council tax....

We like yourself did have a power of attourney that sorted this,but after things not being paid got rid of them.

I remember paying it once 2005-2006 but have not done so since....

So my question is Who and How sends or gives you these bills????? :?

We do not live there permanatly as yet,but we are in the Varna distric,

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mackay

Postby Mackay » Fri May 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi MOTO

We paid ours in April and like you we dont live there permanetly (yet). We went into the equivalent of our council offices and showed our bulsat card and our friend who's Bulgarian explained to them that we wanted to pay the property tax and we were just given a bill after about 20 mins of discussion the tax was paid.

Hope this helps.

Mackay

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dezzie

Postby dezzie » Wed May 21, 2008 12:29 pm

hi all we bought our house in 2005 -2006 and have just left it standing there while we decide what to do with it ,i no what i want to do but my wife is not so sure .so the question is will i owe tax on it and if so where and to who will i pay the tax to :oops: as we dont want to go over one year and find that we have a massive bill, or the goverment has taken the house through unpayed bills

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Wed May 21, 2008 4:03 pm

Dezzie
I really wouldn't worry too much, you may get a small fine but it probably wont amount to much, as the previous posters indicate it is easy and affordable to do, just pay it next time you are over.

Of course I can't tell you how much tax you will have to pay, but if its a rundown in the middle of nowhere type place it shouldn't be worth worrying about, infact if you know someone in your area that is here, give them your bulstat number and they can do it all for you, it is so easy, once you know how of course.

Nikki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Wed May 21, 2008 4:22 pm

toaster wrote:hi tiarnan
we also have payed bulgarian properties to maintain and pay all our bills for the past two years , but have not heard off them at all, as our neighbour has been paying our bills for us, we would also like to withdraw power off atorney how did you do it , by going to their office or officialy, the office we brought our house through was plovdiv, they were great at purchasing everthing went well with them but their aftersales well when they have had your money there is no aftersales
Hi toaster - to withdraw POA you need to go to the Notary with all your original documents. I did mine recently, and it was quite easy to do. Costa a few leva, but worth doing for peace of mine. In fact, my agent insisted that I do it, once they no longer needed to access my account for purchase etc.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dinky1234
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dinky1234 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi
When I took POA away from the solicitor who was acting on my behalf until I moved over here I just went to the solicitors office and asked for my company stamp, bulstat card and original house deed. I signed a document that had been drawn up saying I was cancelling POA and that was that. I have met quite a few people who had the same solicitor and when he had POA he didnt do a thing that they paid for. However he now has a new office and drives a blacked out window top jeep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :roll:
Sue

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
polmachina
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby polmachina » Wed May 21, 2008 6:39 pm

Hi all
dont jump to conclusions but we have paid our tax and had reciepts....had a new one for this year...went to pay in Nessebar but...COMPUTER SAYS NOOOO!!!!...you owe 3 years....our business partner went in and raised the roof and it was all sorted...apparently a common thing here.

Return to “Taxes”