Property Tax

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sat May 29, 2010 10:07 am

Anni wrote:Mods,
What's the penalty of inciting someone to commit an offence so you shoot some more kittens? :lol: :lol:

M-W,
The Akts have been discussed on various threads so won't go in to too much detail.
Akt 16 is permission to live in and is issued by the local municipality upon presentation of various documents and after these have been scrutinised by relevant committees.

Thank you, but AKT 16 is the one that least concerns me! All I am asking is HOW do you know which AKT you are and where do you find it?

I'm sure there are threads about AKTs but they're mentioned in this thread too and, as far as I understand it, the AKT determines just how much annual Municipal taxes you pay so just might be that it is more pertinent to keep it in here, but what do I know. :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sat May 29, 2010 10:58 am

Okay, I took your advice and went off on a search of AKT 14 and found the following which conveniently lists 14, 15 & 16, BUT please humour me here, I bought a house last summer and have not yet got around to paying any annual Municipal tax on it. How and when do I find out how much I will have to pay and/or whether or not my domestic living property has been listed as a commercial one (because it was bought with a Company) or, just as a private one and fairly cheap like the rest of my village folk.

I had read this thread to mean that the AKT had a direct bearing as to whether of not your property is classed as commercial or non commercial, but perhaps that is not the case. Totally confused now. :roll:

Oh the link: -

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=29395&highlight=akt

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Durak

Postby Durak » Sat May 29, 2010 11:40 am

Go to the local admin office, give them your Bulstat number, everything is computerised they will print out two slips for payment (in the same office) one for municipality tax and one for rubbish collection - I did it myself a couple of weeks ago, 93 lev in total was my tax for 2010.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Sat May 29, 2010 1:59 pm

The term Akt 16 is no longer used in practice.

The document is called Разрешение за Ползване which means Authorisation for Use..

The ones I have seen are issued by Дирекцията за национален строителен контрол (ДНСК) Directorate of National Building Control.

They are needed for various types of construction, not just dwellings.

They also specify guarantee periods and presumably the date of the Authorisation is the start date.

The entities interested in the Authorisation (which could include a buyer) are named on it.

I believe that if you don't think it should have been issued you can go to court but you have got to act smartish.

However, in general most people would be happy to have Authorisation for Use issued because it converts a useless property into a useful and more valuable one.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sprotbro
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby sprotbro » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi all, have to pay my apartment property tax this year at New Nessebar in the Municipality Building, does anyone know which currency is accepted, Euro, Sterling or only Leva, thanks.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 am

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:42 am

sprotbro wrote:Hi all, have to pay my apartment property tax this year at New Nessebar in the Municipality Building, does anyone know which currency is accepted, Euro, Sterling or only Leva, thanks.

Trick question, I assume? Do the tax papers specify a currency other than the official Bulgarian one? Can I pay my Council Tax in Doncaster in leva? Does Nessebar Municipality still accept the coins that were minted on-site a mere 2,500 years ago?

Looks like it'll have to be "only" Leva - although why anyone would imagine anything otherwise appears something of a mystery...... :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:44 am

my best guess is to pay in лева the local currency, the bgn ( ISO 4217 ) also known internationally as the lev (without an a)

Of cause if you want to wait a couple of years you could pay in Evro 8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 am

theweeton wrote:Of cause if you want to wait a couple of years you could pay in Evro 8O

I for one certainly hope that THAT day never dawns! :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:12 am

They are actually левове! :lol:

Return to “Taxes”