BG car tax (vignette) for 2009

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mike4727
<b>Property Management</b>

Postby mike4727 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:43 am

Hi all,

the ministry of dissinformation has been hard at work yet again I I went to my nearest Post Office this morning and bought the annual vignette for the price of 67leva, only name and address required so the 300leva per year vignette is not with us - YET

Mike

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi all,

the ministry of dissinformation has been hard at work yet again I I went to my nearest Post Office this morning and bought the annual vignette for the price of 67leva, only name and address required so the 300leva per year vignette is not with us - YET

Mike

Hope at last! Thanks Mike, I have just caught up with this thread and for a little while I thought I had chucked 250lv down the drain by not getting my vignette before 31st Dec.

Cheers

BGCarl

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bullador
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bullador » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:24 pm

:roll: Hi, I bought my vignette last week from our post office, the queue was right out of the door, I had a sneeky suspicion that they were going to ask me for car documents so had hubby run to car and collect them. Right enough she asked me for registration documents, she wrote down on a form that she kept, my registration and my name. Im still on english plates so thought it was probably to do with checking whether I am legally driving over here. I am of course.

:lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Bigted
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Bigted » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Hi all
Went to village post office this morning as I have been following the thread and was worried as not gone before 31st Dec 08. I was able to purchase a single vignette gave name and address and paid 67 lev in total. That is for the whole year 2009.
Thanks Bigted

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:26 pm

We weren't caught out by the new year but we were caught out by the change in expiry date. (Or at least the expectation that you would buy at the end of Dec not before the end of Jan).

Glad to see that the buy in advance or pay monthly rumour seems to be unfounded...I was wondering what implications this had for new car sales or imports before Sept 2009!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
andie
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

car tax (regional tax)

Postby andie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:57 pm

I have been fined 100 LB and charged another 100LB for what is called an OBISHANIA (sorry about spelling but dont have a bulgarian keyboard or know how to spell.
I bought car in Sept 2008 and registered in the Yambol registra- nobody informed me that I had to go to tax office to pay another tax.
I have spoken to other english and now they have no idea of this either

could some one please help
I am in the Yambol region and have paid to the Tunga tax office in Yambol
Yours faithfully
Andrea

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Hi andie, this thread - as the title suggests - is particularly to discuss the vignette requirements for 2009. Please would you look at (and repost) your question on the following link which may be more to do with your query:

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... mobile+tax

Thanks. Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
andie
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

car tax

Postby andie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:18 pm

this has not helped me at all with the current issue- is ther other information regarding this

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi again andie,

Best to go to the Advanced Search facility (there's a link over the scrolling red writing above) and type in car AND tax (include the uppercase 'AND'). Then select the 'Tax' section to search in and submit. Have a look through the titles given in the results to see if there is anything there that looks as though it might cover it. You could also make the same search but choose the 'Getting to...' section to see if there is anything there as well. Maybe there are other keywords that would be better; OBISHANIA with various spellings might turn something up?

If you can't find anything we suggest you ask again in the Tax section as a new topic. Hopefully someone will help you.

Thanks. Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi Andie.

It can be confusing.

Easy guide for BG car taxes:
1. Register vehicle at KAT (if not on BG plates and you need them)
2. Buy Vignette
3. Go to Obshtina (Municipality Office) and register vehicle there - pay LOCAL car tax (30 lev ish)

In a nutshell, the Vignette allows you to use roads outside of the local administrative area, the local tax levied by the Obshtina (Municipality) allows you to regularly drive your vehicle in towns and villages covered by your Obshtina.
Hope this helps.

MODs, please move to wherever is appropriate.

Slaps.

Return to “Taxes”