Car municipality tax

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi Lyn, so we can pay anytime during the year to avoid fines ?
scanniaman.

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:26 pm

scanniaman wrote:Hi Lyn, so we can pay anytime during the year to avoid fines ?
scanniaman.

Your council tax, you have to pay on time, but I don't think it matters with your car tax as cars are bought and sold all the time. Don't quote me on this though. Maybe you should check with someone in your area.

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:44 pm

we live in varna region and my understanding is that the car tax has to be paid by 31st march, as far as I'm aware there is no discount ( or I've never recieved one), that's just the deadline, thereafter a small fine plus interest.

By small fine I mean about 10lv plus interest at about 5lv per year.

kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:14 pm

We've also had years when the amount was decided late and the discount period extended. Honestly can't remember if the discount was given on the cars as well as the property....

kempa
Super User!
Super User!

Postby kempa » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:52 am

As expected - took old Lada in for MOT today - passed - not asked for municipality car tax. Will leave it for another year. We won't be selling the Lada as 22 years old and will run the dear old girl (Sheena after machina) into the ground.
Cheers
Kempa

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Oops...just came across the car municipality tax thing today,never knew it exsisted, had the car over a year, my estate agent did everything for me last year, I just followed behind paying at various windows!!

Did my KAT MOT last week in P.Trambesh and sailed through, not asked for any other papers or proof of tax paid.

nan2pop

Postby nan2pop » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:18 am

I have looked all through this post and cant find my question answered. I sold my car from the company to myself as we are selling up and closing the company. Everything has been done now have to wait we are staying for a while and will need to MOT the car it has not been a problem in the past as we paid our municipality tax and had to show this paper at MOT station. The car has been removed from the company so Bulstate no use how do I pay the tax next year?

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:03 am

@Nan2pop

Was it easy to take your car out of the company and put it in your own name, does anybody know why we all have cars in our company name and not our own....is the car municipality tax the same or different if the car is in ones own name!!

Cheers for any answers

nan2pop

Postby nan2pop » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:08 am

Hi went to Notary she did everything gave me papers to take to the Municipality to have it removed unless you speak Bulgarian you will need a translator. Notary cost 12 leva paid nothing else. Don't know why on company books just what we were told to do when we arrived. Don't know what the tax will be till next year

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks for that Nan.....I have just done my first car insurance myself (Thankyou,thankyou) and its much cheaper to have the car in your own name rather than in a company name...160Lv vs 215lv....I wonder why we are all told to put our cars in our companies??

Return to “Taxes”