Original documents for accountant?

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

Candyfrank

Postby Candyfrank » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Moscow_Wolf wrote:I do not think that your accountant can do anything 'wrong' with your original company documents other than lose them. If he/she needs to see the originals then fine, but he/she can make copies of the originals and give you it back for your safe keeping.

When my Accountant thought I was going to leave my original company documents and stamp with her for a couple of days, I didn't refuse because I did not trust her, I refused because, I need them to obtain my Russian Wife's registration here and I couldn't afford the risk of them getting lost or stolen over a weekend in a Yambol down town office.

In general, I advise everyone to never leave the original documents with anyone unless they really need to have them and give you a receipt for them.

Thank u all for your responses :D

mike4727
<b>Property Management</b>

Postby mike4727 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:18 am

It may be that the accountant is preparing to re-register this company in which case he/she would need the original formation documents for production at the court in order to obtain a " pre-registration " certificate which is one of the procedures for re-registration. Copies are not accepted by the courts for this purpose.

Mike.

Candyfrank

Postby Candyfrank » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 am

mike4727 wrote:It may be that the accountant is preparing to re-register this company in which case he/she would need the original formation documents for production at the court in order to obtain a " pre-registration " certificate which is one of the procedures for re-registration. Copies are not accepted by the courts for this purpose.

Mike.

Thank you Mike and all... I now understand :)

mariela
Super User!
Super User!

original documents for accountants

Postby mariela » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:58 pm

What happens if you have lost all your original company formation etc. papers, but the accountant has copies of them...will originals be needed for residency or anything?

mike4727

Postby mike4727 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 am

Hi Mariela,

in a word, yes. You will need to obtain " certified copies " from the Court of original registration. This can only be done personally with proof of ID or by someone acting for you but with specific POA for this purpose.

Mike

mariela
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mariela » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:33 am

Ok that's good to know. So we need to do this for renewing our residency too.

thanks

mike4727

Postby mike4727 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 am

Renewing residency requirements seem to vary widely depending on the MVR office that you are using but if they are requiring a " certificate of good standing " for your company then you will probably need to have a certified copy of your formation document to show to the Trade Registry. You would, in any case, need to have certified copies of your company documents if you ever decided to buy, sell etc.

Mike

mariela
Super User!
Super User!

original documents for accountants

Postby mariela » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 am

Hopefully they will scrap this whole company thing for non traders and brits/eu nationals can then transfer their properties in their own names instead of company name. One can only hope!

mike4727

Postby mike4727 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 am

Renewing residency requirements seem to vary widely depending on the MVR office that you are using but if they are requiring a " certificate of good standing " for your company then you will probably need to have a certified copy of your formation document to show to the Trade Registry. You would, in any case, need to have certified copies of your company documents if you ever decided to buy, sell etc.

Mike

Return to “Taxes”