new land tax form

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:01 pm

[quote="Liliana"

Someone mentioned earlier that it's to evaluate the value of your property and to declare any home improvements. To me that just sounds too English and NOT Bulgarian!
[/quote]

ah true.....but they are catching on ...very quick

Marcus
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Marcus » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:32 pm

My contact in Bulgaria has just sent me this e-mail, ive replied asking what the forms are for exactly. As usual, lots of confusion and just a liitle feeling that somewhere along the line we get fleeced. I have not problems paying my contact, just wonder how much of this, what ever it is could be done free?

From my contact.........
1. i’ve found a accauntant – – from nesebnar to prepare the papers
2. she’s got a loyer who will send the papers through inernet signed by him electronic signature
3. the same has the right to do it on your behalf without a special power of atorney – he declares that what he’s sending is correct – he takes the responsibility.
4. the accauntant will get her 80 levs whenever u come over
5. the loyer charges 50 levs which i’ll pay and u give me that money whenever u come over.
6.there is olso a state taxe for the procedure – 35 levs levs which i’ll pay and u give me that money whenever u come over
7. u’ll get u reciets alonside – i’ll copy and send to u – i’ll keep the originals for u
8. i’ll copy the papers as well and send to u and keep the originals for u
9. u’ll pay 50 on comming over.
10. do u agree
11. to do the papers the accauntant needs :
a/ a copy from the not.deed of your property in orizary b/ a copy of your company registration - court dessision

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:08 pm

ChrisF wrote:Hi Liliana,
checking next week might be too late - the deadline for submissionof this form is June 30th and apparently there is a large fine if this is not met.

The place to go is the tax department at your local municipality.

It seems to only affect people who have bought commercial property in the last few years, but worth checking if you have had to form a company to buy a house - remember to take your Bulstat number with you.

We checked this week and we are fine, but a friend who bought a shop a year or so ago is not - she has to submit forms before the end of this month or face a big fine.

Chris

Our place is officially listed as a Mehana, i.e. a place of business versus residence. We also have a bar licence.
We enquired, extensively, at the Obshtina earlier this week and involved as many departments as we saw fit. e.g. planning, tax, etc..
We were told, emphatically, that this new form (whatever it is) does not affect us and we do not have to do anything at all.

Is this yet another harem scarem, let's fleecem barem thing?

Slaps.

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:42 am

I think, like most things in Bulgaria, interpretation of the law depends on where you live.

It seems that SOME commercial property MIGHT have been registered under the wrong Act (Acts 14 and 17 are the ones to look at).There are forms to fill in to correct this, but no tax to pay (certainly not in the VT area), only a hefty fine if it's not done by June 30th.

There were long queues at our local municipality tax office the other day - this affects Bulgarians as well as foreigners - but the girl behind the desk was very helpful.

Chris

Sapper
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Sapper » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:18 pm

We have been advised by an advocat that we should fill in the new forms and he sent them to us.We have an inactive company and the house is residential only.
Part of the form asks wether we have sewage and water pipes on our property. I wondered if anyone knows if this means only mains supplies as we have a septic tank and get free water from a mountain reservoir. I am going to hand the forms in tomorrow and I'm not sure if I should say yes or no to the above questions?
Anyone out there who has filled in the forms personally and can help? Pat

GarryN
Super User!
Super User!

Postby GarryN » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:45 pm

I seem to recall that wells had to be registered last year, so lets hope they don't check that too when they get the forms back. Mind you the same applies to me. :( I wonder how much of BG income comes from fines? Two I didn't know about were Municipal car tax and dog license. Now I tend to let my lawyer to do things - cheaper than the fines!

Time will come, I'm sure, when the commonly used rock-lined holes used for 'septic tanks' are banned too. Get more like the UK every day. :(

Garry

kiwiguy

Postby kiwiguy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Ok guys & gals,

Just to try & help clarify for you's on here in the VT region, this is what my land agent (who are one of the bigger & more professional companies) says;

"This new rule is for companies that own commercial or non-residential
properties (shops, offices, bars, etc.). In some cases plots of land without
any buildings are also considered as non-residential (different
municipalities have different opinion on this). Anyway you own land with
house on it which is considered residential property so do not have to
submit any additional declarations."

This was emailed to me today & I'm happy to take them at their word.
Hope it helps.
Enjoy the rest of the month, stress free, unless you have commercial property, then panic!

8)

buttercup
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby buttercup » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:19 pm

Went to municipality yesterday to pay council tax. Yes we know it's late. Was given form and told it must be submitted by tomorrow. We have only 1 residential property and have paid residential council tax for the 5 years we have owned it but we still have to fill this form in, have never had an active company. This is in Balchik. Got an English speaking Bulgarian friend to fill it in for us today. The questions asked are ridiculous ie How tall is the building ???? How many storeys, How big is living accomodation, has it got electricity,water,telephone,garage,outbuildings and many more. How could we Brits know all this. Will submit it tomorrow, with a copy of our notary deed as requested and see what happens

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:39 pm

kiwiguy wrote:Ok guys & gals,

Just to try & help clarify for you's on here in the VT region, this is what my land agent (who are one of the bigger & more professional companies) says;

"This new rule is for companies that own commercial or non-residential
properties (shops, offices, bars, etc.). In some cases plots of land without
any buildings are also considered as non-residential (different
municipalities have different opinion on this). Anyway you own land with
house on it which is considered residential property so do not have to
submit any additional declarations."

This was emailed to me today & I'm happy to take them at their word.
Hope it helps.
Enjoy the rest of the month, stress free, unless you have commercial property, then panic!

8)

Point of order.
YOU don't own land, your company does. If you're a Brit, you are not yet allowed to own land in BG, end of story. Ask the (who are one of the bigger & more professional companies) what they think re that.
It seems, from what I've read here that the level of panic varies from region to region. Those regions who have bothered to find out will tell you yes or no whether you need to do it or not. Those regions whose employees don't know, will revert to the standard BG response of 'yes, you must'.
See my earlier post for our situation which is different from the majority of you.

Slaps.

ps, if you decide to continue to panic, feel free.

buttercup
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby buttercup » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:51 pm

We've done our bit and told you all our experience so its up to you

Return to “Taxes”