new land tax form

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:55 pm

This what the Art 14 forms says. As I decode it it says that the 30.06.10 deadline refers to non-residential business property which, or right of use of which, was acquired before 01.01.10. But I could be wrong! You are told in capital letters to look at the instructions on the last page. There are a lot of residential-type questions.

в срок до 30.06.2010 г., за придобити или с право на ползване преди 01.01.2010 г. нежилищни имоти на предприятия. ВИЖТЕ УКАЗАНИЯТА НА ПОСЛЕДНАТА СТРАНИЦА !

booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 pm

gimlet wrote:This what the Art 14 forms says. As I decode it it says that the 30.06.10 deadline refers to non-residential business property which, or right of use of which, was acquired before 01.01.10. But I could be wrong! You are told in capital letters to look at the instructions on the last page. There are a lot of residential-type questions.

в срок до 30.06.2010 г., за придобити или с право на ползване преди 01.01.2010 г. нежилищни имоти на предприятия. ВИЖТЕ УКАЗАНИЯТА НА ПОСЛЕДНАТА СТРАНИЦА !

YOU HAVE TO DO THIS IF YOU HAVE A COMPANY OWNING YOUR PROPERTY. So unless it is an appartment you own, it is potentially 2000 leva fine per property, something I will do my best to champion for those that can't be bothered, don't keep up, or just don't understand. LOL if your advokat says its not necessary, obviously you also took that confirmation/opt out on a stamped signed document from your nearest tax office.

So those that own multiple properties and land better get their finger out. Why did you buy all that stuff anyway (JUST TO RIP OTHER BRITS OFF?). Yeah I am playing DEVILS ADVOCATE (google it) but this is the wake up call that is required sometimes.

SLEEP WELL

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:39 pm

I do agree, Booboo, that owners of companies which have non-residential land and have not made a declaration should be tossing and turning tonight, though I get no pleasure from that.

For a definition of нежилищни this website seems pretty clear and sensible.

http://www.sunseabulgaria.com/uk/bulgar ... index.html

booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:25 am

gimlet wrote:I do agree, Booboo, that owners of companies which have non-residential land and have not made a declaration should be tossing and turning tonight, though I get no pleasure from that.

For a definition of нежилищни this website seems pretty clear and sensible.

http://www.sunseabulgaria.com/uk/bulgar ... index.html

Well said Gimlet, I don't want it to come across as I am taking pleasure by any means but I think sometimes you have to put things across in such a way as to get peoples feelings running high, to annoy people just to make them realise (in this case) that the deadline is looming and UNFORUNATELY its yet more beaurocracy that we must deal with.

FOR THOSE THAT ASSUME ITS FOR COMMERCIAL ONLY - picture this. Your company owns your property. Until now, lets say it has been classed as residential and you pay somewhere between 10 and 40 lev per year for tax. BUT now ALL company property without a declaration, but owned by a firm (I kind of repeated myself there but never mind) will be reclassified as commercial and the tax will increase to 400 to 500 leva per year.

I am not saying this is definately the reason for the declaration, but it would be so easy next year for the government to turn round and say your property is commercial because its owned by your company and you didn't tell em any different. There is your 2000 leva fine along with your new 450 leva per year tax, they will say, and have a nice day.

Your choice people

kiwiguy

Postby kiwiguy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:27 am

booboo wrote:FOR THOSE THAT ASSUME ITS FOR COMMERCIAL ONLY - picture this. Your company owns your property. Until now, lets say it has been classed as residential and you pay somewhere between 10 and 40 lev per year for tax. BUT now ALL company property without a declaration, but owned by a firm (I kind of repeated myself there but never mind) will be reclassified as commercial and the tax will increase to 400 to 500 leva per year.

Ahhh good to see another conspiracy theorist amongst us, :wink: however I don't think this will eventuate.
From my few hours research it would seem that they are clamping down on those who have bought property & registered it under valued ie; they told a porkie about the sale price (which is common) thereby evading property taxes!
Maybe next year there will be a declaration for residential property? 8O

As for my previous post, It's info I'm passing on & I'm happy to take my chances that it's correct, what you do is up to you.
Have a nice June 30 ;)

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:02 am

This tax has nothing to do with company owned,residential property though I'm sure they will introduce a similar procedure for homes next year.

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:22 pm

We, through our company, own several houses so we checked with the municipality. We were told that we were fine - the property we own is residential, not commercial - i.e shops, offices or factories - therefore we did not have to make the declaration.

I repeat: this is what the MUNICIPALITY TAX OFFICE said,
but it could well be a case of legislation being interpreted in different ways in different places; it's happened before and no doubt it will happen again.

Chris

kezkei

Postby kezkei » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:04 pm

there seems to be a lot of confusion we asked our accountant and he said we must fill in the form and admit it today or face a large fine the cost was 80lv

Liliana

Postby Liliana » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 pm

I think gimlet's post of yesterday said the lot!!! What's the confusion???

All finished today anyway so.... those who've been ripped off and those who haven't it's now bye the bye :) :)

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:21 am

We were also told by our municipality that we didn't need to fill it in. :?

Return to “Taxes”