Import taxes for goods from Philippines/China etc.?

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

vt
Super User!
Super User!

Postby vt » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:36 pm

They sell these in Drynavo,My advice do not touch them they appear cheap but the quality is poor.Good luck

Inge

Postby Inge » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:26 pm

I have imported a car from the Middle East which because it was for my personal use did not attract import duty. If I had imported more than one it would have been viewed as a business import and I would have had to pay import duty.
However, I am having problems getting it registered because the company I used to import it did not give me the required documents (even though I had paid for them to be translated) and the original registration document was taken from me by the port authority in the ME.
After you have imported anything from outside the EU you are not allowed to sell it for at least 12 months after it has arrived

BusyBob

Postby BusyBob » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Inge wrote:I have imported a car from the Middle East which because it was for my personal use did not attract import duty. If I had imported more than one it would have been viewed as a business import and I would have had to pay import duty.
However, I am having problems getting it registered because the company I used to import it did not give me the required documents (even though I had paid for them to be translated) and the original registration document was taken from me by the port authority in the ME.
After you have imported anything from outside the EU you are not allowed to sell it for at least 12 months after it has arrived

That last part can't be right unless has you say it is for personal use
but my interest lies in importing to sell on, any other thoughts ?

BusyBob

Postby BusyBob » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:36 pm

any more thought's ?

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:45 pm

There is a clear difference between importing items that are personal effects and importing for trade

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:42 pm

This includes tariff's for 2011 and covers everything you want to know, if you are ready to plough through it.

Its in English, click on the COMBINED NOMENCLATURE 2011

http://www.customs.bg/en/page/145

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks Brian - I 'ploughed through' the first 15 pages or so (there are 867 of them, folks) and then I quickly decided to abandon my efforts. I am sure that, as you say, the information is there but at what cost of time?!!

If I ever decide to self-drive all my stuff to BG and might get stopped - I have decided I will go via Estonia where the border guards are not averse to a few euros to help 'grease the wheels', as necessary...

Even 100 euros would be well worth it to save me having to read all that!!

Thanks again anyway.... :P

BusyBob

Postby BusyBob » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:56 pm

at the risk of sounding boring, is the import tax not the same throughout the E.U. I have managed to ascertain the import code for machinery at the uk customs site and it works out at 20%

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Yes. The EU is a customs Union which means that the same import duty rates are applicable in all member states.

TARIC (TARif Intégré Communautaire)

"TARIC" is the acronym for the Integrated Tariff of the European Communities and was introduced at the same time as the CN by regulation 2658/87. The codes used are a further breakdown of the Combined Nomenclature to the 10-digit level. The TARIC further contains information on tariff quotas, all third country and preferential duty rates, tariff suspensions and other trade measures. TARIC does not have the status of a legal instrument but its 10-digit codes must be used in customs and statistical declarations in trade with third countries. The Commission's on-line customs database can be consulted to look up commodity codes and relevant import duties.

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dd ... =20110403#

I do hope you have a degree in EUGoggledeGook :lol:

BusyBob

Postby BusyBob » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks for that Brian, it's a start ! :D

Return to “Taxes”