Import taxes for goods from Philippines/China etc.?

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Thinking about impoting from China some salor panels and would be selling power back to the grid. Wonder if customs charges prohibit unless PV is t a discount other goods?

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:18 am

First check that the similar buy in tariff scheme to the UK is running in BG and at what rates
Second see whether buying panels duty paid in BG from a BG supplier is not easier that trying to source direct from China

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:10 am

I think brianj42 sells his power back to the grid. No idea on what terms though.

and if your going to generate through solar panels you're going to need a lot of them as they are the most inefficient of the green technologies available and the most expensive to purchase (as measured by cost vs watts generated) I think it was 6 monetary units/watt for solar vs about 3 monetary units/watt for wind.

Just something to think about as it increases your payback time on your investment.

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Cheers for the off topic stuff however the question. Appreciate could find import agent, now if anyone is aware of one that could be very productive. Import from China.

On those questions/advice, once aware of customs, since UK far aware wave customs on PV imports. Italy pay additional 10% on FIT European bought panels. Tarrif rates BG about .35cents KWh small stations.

All that addressed intend to investigate. However, previous ran electrical business and few contacts gave very generous terms ;) And yes I could resell. Interest in latest Thin Film, better for environment.

Also visitor solar exhibition Sofia early this year. So, plenty of home work already accomplished and I admit plenty more to do. Thanks and all assistance is held with great appreciation.

Return to “Taxes”