Ground Tax on Apartment?

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

deese

Ground Tax on Apartment?

Postby deese » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:29 am

Hi, I have just been asked by my developer to pay ground tax for my apartment, I previously thought that as a foreigner I could not buy land in bulgaria unless I set up a company, I have not done this therefore does the developer not have to pay ground tax on the complex. Thanks Stuart

janner

Postby janner » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:42 pm

I dont recall this tax when we bought,do they mean Maintance for up keep of grounds maybe?

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:51 am

Hi deese and welcome to MyBG!

If it's not, as janner suggests, charges for maintenance of the common areas etc, then I would suggest (if you haven't already) that you carefully read the contract(s) that you signed to check exactly what you have signed up to.

mandyreed
<b>Prop Management/Building Services</b>

ground tax on apartment

Postby mandyreed » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 am

hi
i think what your builder is talking about is the yearly municipality taxes these still have to be paid have you registerd your apartment with the municipality yet as this is a must best wishes mandy

allet
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby allet » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:25 am

Maybe you mean "land tax" which is the tax that the developer should pay on the land where the apartments have been built. I have heard of one instance where this has been requested, but no idea how legal or correct it is as I haven't investigated with our legal team.

Regards

Allet

Return to “Taxes”