Bulgarian institute want tax/debt document from UK to prove

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

delta-ride
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Bulgarian institute want tax/debt document from UK to prove

Postby delta-ride » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Bulgarian institute want tax/debt document from UK to prove that I have no debt in the UK, when this document does not exist.
I have explained to them that there are many authorities and organisations and it is not just a single form..

Has anyone had or have come across this problem before?

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Whether someone has or hasn't had this problem in Bulgaria probably won't shed much light, as such a form from just one UK organisation isn't possible to procure (as far as I know).

So it seems to me that your commonsense options are as follows:-

1. Convince the 'institute' (What's it for, btw, if you don't mind me asking?) that it's just not possible and invite them to research the procurement situation in the UK themselves.

2. Convince them to accept some alternative of their (realistic) choosing - letter from bank/previous employer/police or whatever.

3. Go along with their request and just knock the requested letter up yourself. This is the normal way it is done in Russia - I have even been asked by some people to proof-read letters that they have written related to job applications, supposedly from their referees!!

Good luck anyway!

delta-ride
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby delta-ride » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Thanks for the info.. It's the bank and a mortgage

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:30 pm

I'd try to go for option 1 as long as it's not a deal-breaker. If that would make it a no-go, try this variant of option 2.

Possibly a personal details request to and a reply from a credit-rating agency such as Equifax, Experian or Call Credit might go some way to supporting your cause. (Here I am assuming that your credit history is pretty clean, of course :lol:)

Some more info on how to go about it is here:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2963580.stm

delta-ride
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby delta-ride » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for your help, they will accept a saturary declaration from the British Embassy..

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:33 am

That's good news in one way, delta-ride, in that you seem to have reached an acceptable compromise - but laughable in another, as what are the FCO likely to know about your, or indeed, anybody's finances?

jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:47 pm

off topic but same mentality .... BG ministry of Education in Sofia wanted all child's grades in all subjects week by week since the age of 5. They were unable to understand that UK education works on SATS and this info doesn't exist .... A letter from the relevant UK LEA made them back down because even after it was translated into BG they didn't understand it!

delta-ride
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby delta-ride » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Bulgaria is a different world! and anything goes! very strange?

Return to “Taxes”