First day at kindergarten.

Including 'special needs'.

Moderator: Moderator

Sagitarius
Super User!
Super User!

First day at kindergarten.

Postby Sagitarius » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:38 pm

Saffron spent her first session at kindergarten. Its fantastic, its in the next village 'kitchevo' (near Varna) and it is really well equipped, light and airy, its better than the nursery Saff went to in UK. The staff are lovely. Language is bulgarian and German so I was totally lost but hubby managed to sort everything out with his German. Saff has been allocated a class and her teacher came over and gave her a big hug and a kiss. The children were all curious and flocked round her. Saffron is 3 years and 3 months by the way.

I have posted a picture of saffron wearing her crown that the class made for her. I think she is going to be very happy there. The price is 40 lev per month and that includes lunches. Amazing value. Saffron can say toilet molya and blagodaria and can ask for her favourite drink 'portacow soc sa slamca' excuse the spelling.

She spent a full day there today and she loved it, they all had a sleep in the afternoon and she thought it was really funny. Main hurdle over. Hope she'll be teaching me bulgarian soon. :D

Kizzamac

Postby Kizzamac » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:12 pm

Hi Sagatarius,
just wanted to say well done to Saff for her 1st day, I'm sure you were far more nervous and concerned for her than she was, kids are so resilient towards new changes, its all just one big exciting adventure to them and I'm sure it will continue to be fine, like you say 1st hurdle cleared downhil from now, not to say there won't be the odd time she is not happy, but I'm sure that happened the odd time b4 in her old nursery in the UK, so well done Saff and well done Mum :D
Angela

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:22 pm

Hi Sagitarius,
Lovely to hear about Saff's 1st day, thanks for sharing with us.
It will be quite reassuring and interesting for members wondering what schools in BG are like.
Nikki

cymraeg

Postby cymraeg » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:01 pm

Hi Sagitarius

Lovely to hear about your daughter's first day at kindergarden. I think it is right us mums get so anxious about it all and the children sail through it. It sounds as though she is mixing in really well and enjoying herself. Would be interested to hear more in the future ( i have a son who is 3 years 8 months old and we are considering moving out there).

Diane
x

nulanoodles

Postby nulanoodles » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:54 pm

ahhhh that's great, my little girl is 8 months and if we move over i am dreading her first day at kindergarden.... i am so glad that it went well... nula x

magicvw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby magicvw » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:54 am

Hi Christine! So glad Saffron is settling in so well- it must be a weight off your mind. Still waiting for the appearance of our sprog- looks like I'm going to end up having a Caesarian as he/she just will not sit in the right place! Vicky xxx

brunocar5
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby brunocar5 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:59 am

Sounds great, can't believe how cheap it is either..........puts our rip off scamming nursery's to shame over here.

I was speaking to someone in Bulgaria recently about nursery's and she explained that the children all get there own bed and place to hang up their stuff, get into their jim jams, and ahave a sleep. Sounds great for the kids.

She did mention that the high schools are not so great, and that the schooling is based on German teaching, she said quite harsh and moved her kids to UK to be schooled.

H

Pirol
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Pirol » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:23 am

Language is bulgarian and German

They speak German in the kindergarden in Kichevo?? To the kids?? :?

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:10 am

brunocar5 wrote:Sounds great, can't believe how cheap it is either..........puts our rip off scamming nursery's to shame over here.

Just because its expensive it doesn't necessarily mean its a rip off or they're scamming you - look at the levels of expenses UK nurseries have to incur, premises, staff, insurance, masses of health and safety. Its just a different cost base here - and imagine what they're feeding your kid for 40 leva a month all in.....

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

kg

Postby scot47 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:26 am

As the father of a KG-er in Bulgaria I feel that provision for Kindergarten in Bulgaria is better than in Britain.

How many parents in Britain can send their offspring to all-day KG ?

Return to “Schools and Education”