Documents required for Bulgarian Schools

Including 'special needs'.

Moderator: Moderator

sharonbulgaria

Documents required for Bulgarian Schools

Postby sharonbulgaria » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:12 pm

Hi all,

My daughter has been going to a Bulgarian school for two years in Obrociste nr Albena. She has been in two years lower than her age so she can learn the language. As now she is fluent in Bulgarian speaking but still struggles writing.

This year we asked the director which class she would be in so we could by her school books. He informed us that we needed our documents from England. So I contacted my education office in England and they sent me her file, which I had translated. When I approached the director with this he told me he needed another document stating which exams she had taken. I explained that in England she hadn't any exams as she was only ten when we left. This wasn't acceptable to him and he told us he must have this document for her to attend school.

I then contacted the education office again they said they couldn't provide any more information than what I already had, school reports etc.

Any advice please

Sharon

Sagitarius
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Sagitarius » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:12 am

Do you think it would do any good to have a letter from your uk school (with their letter heading) stating that she has not had to take any exams yet. Then get that translated and notarised. At least it would be an official document. Failing that, could you get your mayor or some other official involved as it does seem a bit ludicrous.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Bo

Postby Bo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:24 am

What the headmaster requires is something like (or equivalent thereof) of the certificate children here get upon completion of each grade in Bulgaria.

I suggest you contact school authorities in the UK again with a request to supply you with an official letter explaining how the UK system works and that the school record you have is the only official document they are able to issue.

You might also find it useful to talk to someone at the Ministry of Education in Bulgaria who would be in the best position to advise on what course of action to take in the circumstances. Varna should also have a Regional Ispectorate of Education whose staff should also be able to advise you.

Bo

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:24 am

That is the road to take. Get an official letter from the school in the UK with some kind of evaluation of your daughter's performance, explaining the lack of formal exams in their system. Have it notarised, translated etc and present it to the head.

Like bureacrats anywhere all (s)he wants is a nice document for the file.
Last edited by scot47 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:49 am

Your daughter will have taken at least KS1 SATS in the UK, given her age, and possibly KS2, depending which school year she was in when you left the UK, and also the time of year. (KS2 SATS are taken in May, in year 6).
These results should be in her file, and might satisfy the head.

sharonbulgaria

Postby sharonbulgaria » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies, I will contact my daughters school in England and see if they will send a letter, also on remembering, my daughter took some SATS before we left England, but I never received the results so this may also be a possibility.

Thanks again

Sharon

superwoman
<b>Property Management/Rentals</b>

Postby superwoman » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:15 pm

how did you get on with the results???

shotlandets
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shotlandets » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:24 pm

sharon, sats and key stages are formal assesments in england as are the 5-14 national tests in scotland.
schools should have the levels achieved in the childs school report.
in scotland,your child would have a working towards level and an achieved level.
the school should give you a formal letter with the level already achieved in english and maths and possibly other subjects. or just use the last report but get a school stamp on it.

then as scot47 says, get it translated notarised etc with lots of stamps and signatures.
best of luck.

Amybulgaria

Postby Amybulgaria » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:05 pm

Still waiting to here back.

julieanne
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

school reports.

Postby julieanne » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:23 am

Hi, i too have 2 boys here in school, they have completed there first year and have now started there 2nd. the only paper work they needed was there school reports, i had to get copyes and have them legerlised in england.they where happy with just that. hope you get it sorted. have you been asked for school fees.?

Return to “Schools and Education”