Documents required for Bulgarian Schools

Including 'special needs'.

Moderator: Moderator

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:04 pm

crystals wrote:hi

moving to vt region soon and have a 13 year old son. we have been told we need his school records to be taken to milton keynes to be apposiled before we go.

the school are refusing to give me his records, but tonight they agreed to give me his enrollment form and last years report card. these will be a copy.

will this be enough?? and do they have to be originals??

any info would be grateful as i am tearing my hair out!!!!

hamster
Super User!
Super User!

Postby hamster » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi,

I thought I would give everyone an update on where I am at now regarding my daughter’s school documents.

I am pleased to say that after a lot of stress and cost I sent my daughters last school report and SAT test result back to the UK where a relative took these to a local notary officer and got this legalised. The notary called my daughters old school to verify that the documents were the original ones and then added a covering statement to the front of her report and bound this together with her SAT tests and sent this to the FCO for the apostil to be added.

The service cost £220.00 for the notary £28.00 for the FCO and then 200 levs for certified translations when they came back to me in Bulgaria.

We had to hand the documents in with a photo copy of her birth certificate and we were then given many forms in Bulgarian to complete to apply for her education permit.

I will say the processes of getting the documents translated in BG were quicker and cheaper then the UK (why am I surprised :lol: )

Within five days of handing everything into the education department she was issued her education permit and started school yesterday.

She seems to be enjoying school very much and despite having to get up at 5.30am to catch the bus for 6.45am (yes a teenage girls has to do her hair and make up lol) she loves school and the other pupils have made her feel very welcome.

We decided to not send her to school when we first moved to BG as we wanted to get her a tutor for language lessons so that she would be able to understand the basis language before she started. In my opinion this has worked very well.

I am very proud of my daughter and any hesitations that I originally had about her fitting in and how she would cope have completely disappeared. I know it is still early days but I am sure she will be ok.

If I can help anyone else with any advise please drop me a pm or post a message on the forum.

crystals

Postby crystals » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:50 pm

thank you hamter

now i just have to get back to the school and demand the records!!!

Return to “Schools and Education”