Documents required for Bulgarian Schools

Including 'special needs'.

Moderator: Moderator

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:51 am

Hamster
I think the British Embassy are misinforming you.

hamster
Super User!
Super User!

Postby hamster » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi Scot47,

Yes I was also surprised that they could not help below is the email that they sent to me:

Please note that the British Embassy Sofia cannot formally legalise any documents. However, you could contact the FCO Legalisation Office for formal legalisation of documents issued in the UK (including apostille). Documents must be signed by a UK solicitor or notary before they can be legalised. The solicitor or notary should confirm that the document is original.

Contacts for FCO Legalisation Office
By telephone:
01908 295 111

10am-12pm and 2pm-3pm
Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.

By fax:
01908 295 122

By post or in person:
The Legalisation Office
Norfolk House (West)
437 Silbury Boulevard
Milton Keynes
MK9 2AH

E-mail: legalisationoffice@fco.gov.uk

I have emailed the FCO in the UK to see if i can send docs to them without notary so will await there reply.

Feel like finding a brick wall and banging my head against it :lol:

Blackwell

Postby Blackwell » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi Hamster
We got all the relevent docs sorted. You will need last sats results and school report.They have to got to a notary in England and then be apostiled. Once in Bulgaria they have to be translated, go to a notary and then again apostiled in Sofia. There is no other way they will accept the paper work. Even with all that done and taxes, other local docs sorted the local education office does tale it's time!!
We emailed the notary in England with all the specific docs and they were brills. All done and posted out here no problems. They do a lot of dealings with the English who live out here.
Hope this helps

Photochick

Postby Photochick » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:14 pm

So how does this work with home educated children?
Mine have been HE'd for 8 years, so have never done SATS tests or any such nonsense. The elder ones are 13 and 15 and just starting their GCSE's, my younger are 6 and 7. All have said they would like to try school in BG, but now I wonder if they won't be allowed to join in? It would be such a shame if the children are excluded because the laws in the different countries are different. :cry:

dawnbg1
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby dawnbg1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:25 pm

my girl started school 4 years ago in bulgaria .she only needed her last years school report translated into bulgarian.if your 2 younger children are 6 & 7 then they can get into school quite easy in my experiance. kids start main streem school at the age of 7 years.

hamster
Super User!
Super User!

Postby hamster » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi all,

Well a few months down the line and i am no nearer to getting documents sorted :roll:

Can anyone give any other advice about notary officers in the UK ?

*How can i get my daughters school report notarised if i do not have a fixed abode in the UK - they cannot verify who i am anymore as i dont have valid utility bills etc anymore....as i live in BG now.

or

*Is it just a case of getting a copy of documents from the school stamped by the school and the notary officer verifies that the documents are legitimate and they can then be notarised and sent to the F&C....

I really am confused about the notary officer bit and the BG education department will wont do anything unless they have a stamp from the school, then notarised and apolstiled.

Maybe i am confusing myself with what the notary officer will or wont do for these documents ??

Can anyone recommend a good notary officer in UK who i can email who will simply verify the school stamp rather than veryfying me as a person ??

Bleeding ridiculous processes :evil:

Cheers,

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:32 pm

If you are in the Uk go to a NOTARY PUBLIC and get the document notarised. As I understand it when you are in Bulgaria you can get the CONSULAR SECTION of the British Embassy to do it.

hamster
Super User!
Super User!

Postby hamster » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Thanks Scot47 but............

I live in BG now & I have spoken to the consulate and they do not notorise or add apolstile here in BG.....I have phoned them a number of times now to check.

:?:

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:35 pm

........well then you will have to get a Notary Public in the UK to do it.
Pain. innit ?

I suggest that you send the documents required to a friend or relalive in the UK and ask them to pursue the matter.

Blackwell

Postby Blackwell » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi Hamster
If you wish I could give you the details of who we used in England. I scanned and emailed certain documents over, others I gave to friends to take back to England and post from there,they did all the required paperwork and posted them back. very good and efficient people.

Return to “Schools and Education”