What is the latest on setting up a UK curriculum school?

Including 'special needs'.

Moderator: Moderator

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Great Depression

Postby scot47 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:55 am

With the onset of the New Great Depression it seems even more unlikely that any school specifically for English-speakers will be set up. For those with school-age children already in BG or thinking about coming to BG, integration into local schools must be the way.

daichip
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Re: What is the latest on setting up a UK curriculum school?

Postby daichip » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:16 pm

greenbird wrote:I have been following all the threads about English schools in Varna:

1. A new english school
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... ic&t=20357

2. english school in varna
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... pic&t=8380

3. PRIMARY SCHOOL SETUP
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... pic&t=8814

With 15 years experience in childcare, birth to 7, we are planning on opening a nursery / ies in Bulgaria. However we are looking for somebody to give us advice on where we can obtain information regarding this. ie Education Board contact in Bulgaria

but as most of them were active about 1 - 2 years ago, I was wondering what has happened since then? Have any parents got together to teach their kids English ? Has anyone had a serious go at opening a school?

I am a qualified primary school teacher, and I want to start working with English speaking children in Varna.

My classes would be about 2 or 3 hours per week, probably in a local nursery / primary school premesis ( i hope to organize this).

This might interest parents of kids (aged 4 - 12) who attend a bulgarian school, but who want them to keep their English reading and writing and spelling up to a level, similar to that which Kids in UK schools have.

THESE ARE NOT ENGLISH LESSONS FOR BULGARIANS, I am aiming at something like an informal International School atmosphere.

Anyone interested, or knows of anyone who might be, pls. get in touch, or I would just like to know what has happened to all the people in the above forums who
said they are teachers wanting to open a school . What is the latest?

shotlandets
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shotlandets » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:30 pm

I would be up for it in about 4 years time. ive plenty of international experience.

im qualified in physics and maths to A level.

anyone else?

daichip
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby daichip » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Having done quite a bit of research on Kindergartens and Private nurseries in Bulgaria. It seems there has been up to 18 Kindergardens closed over a period of time. In addition there are 10 children chasing every 1 placement that becomes available in Sofia.

I have found that the going rate for a Kindergarten in approx bgn30 / 15 Euros per month, but it seems these prices are substidised by the government.

There are a few private Kindergartens in Sofia which are charging BGN 700 per month which are structured and well set up.

I will be in Varna next month speaking to my accountant who is in the know with regards to setting up a Kindergarten. Obviously it would have to be something special and structured. Similar to that of the Montessori method of teaching.

We have the experience of working with children from birth to 7, and the relevant quals. I agree that you have to concentrate on a few of these nurseries to make it work but with a professional structured nursery you will not go wrong.

If anyone is serious about looking into starting a structured nursery from 6 months old to 6, in Varna or maybe Sofia I will be over Bulgaria in late April early May.

After this project I hope to open a restaurant....

Geraldene and David

MarkMc
<b>Language Tutor</b>

Postby MarkMc » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:28 pm

We will be offering British Primary school lessons at English Academy in Varna for native English speaking children from 15 August 2010. The teacher is an Englishman with a PGCE and extensive experience teaching children and the course will follow the national curriculum for England and Wales.
The goal of this course is to bring your child's reading, writing and spelling towards the level he/she would be if at a UK/US school.
To begin with, we will start with a 20 hour course for 1 month, between 15 August and 12 September 2010 and the price will be the same as the price Bulgarians pay to study English at the school (195 leva for the full course)
Initially, we will start these courses for children aged 6-10 and depending on demand, will offer additional classes in the future.
The classes will be at English Academy's offices in the centre of Varna (above Mango, near to the fountain and Opera house) and the school is modern and fully equipped. Please feel free to contact me for more details and see www.varnaschool.com for more details on the school and teachers.
Mark

Goradollar

Postby Goradollar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi,

could someone please tell me what documents would be ncessary for UK children who will reside here to attend a Bulgarian school.

thanks for any advice.

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:17 pm

There is a huge thread just about that here

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... +documents

But like many things here what is true in one region can be different in another, so go ask the school first.

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Goradollar wrote:Hi,
could someone please tell me what documents would be ncessary for UK children who will reside here to attend a Bulgarian school.
thanks for any advice.

Hi again GoraDollar! As per your welcome email you really should be using the Search facilities more thoroughly which will save our members (and us) either having to redirect you or give duplicated answers!

If you go to the 'Latest forum postings' list below, the top topic Forum Search Facilities Explained give a full rundown of how to use them to the best effect.

The best thing you can do (after using the searches) is to read, read, then read some more before asking, because nearly all the answers are here already...! :lol:

Cheers! Mod 8)

mike4727
<b>Property Management</b>

Postby mike4727 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:55 pm

MarkMc wrote:The goal of this course is to bring your child's reading, writing and spelling towards the level he/she would be if at a UK/US school.
Mark

Let's hope you can do much better than that Mark, according to BBC this morning 20% of children leaving primary education in England & Wales have serious literacy problems ! Now, what was that comment I used to see so often on my school reports ? " Can achieve better - must try harder " :lol:

Mike

Catsoup

Postby Catsoup » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:07 pm

[Let's hope you can do much better than that Mark, according to BBC this morning 20% of children leaving primary education in England & Wales have serious literacy problems !]

Don't forget that , according to an official poll, 98.9% of statistics are false!

I have raised this issue with many of my Bulgarian friends, who say that the problems of children leaving schools in Bulgaria have serious literacy problems too. They say education is not what it was, something you hear from older people in UK too. Is it just that everything was better 'in the good old days', whether it be Bulgaria, Britain or Senegal? We find it easy to blame and criticize, and clearly so do the BBC...[/quote]

Return to “Schools and Education”