english schools near sunny beach?

Including 'special needs'.

Moderator: Moderator

pinkyfahey

Postby pinkyfahey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi...I live in the Burgas region and have 3 children who attend a Bulgarian school..they do not speak Bulgarian (yet) but have been having lessons at school. All lessons r in Bulgarian and not translated. I thought when they started that the language and making friends was the most important thing they needed rather than understanding every lesson. There r no English schools in Burgas and I can see that u r in a different position than myself having pre school age children but I would think that if u r moving over here then the best thing would be to put them into a Bulgarian kindergarten....at such an early age they will adapt to the culture and language so easily.
There r so many factors that affect the choice of education ...when I was searching for schools I had ideas of private teacher to teach the language before going to school and then choosing the best school in Burgas with English speaking teachers.. but distance to school and shift changes along with the fact everyone wants to speak English to u rather than u learning all enter into the equation.
one example is we live 20 min away from school...my twins r on a different shift than my 11 yr old.. one shift they have to be there at 7.15 till 12ish (this changes on the day and the child) and the other shift is 1.15 till 5.30 for the youger ones and 6.30 for the older.
I know kindergarten will be different but this may give u something to think about.
I am sorry it hasn't answered your original question but I hope it gives u a little insight...and I will keep my eye out for a kindergarten.

doberden
<b>Property Sales/Rental/Management</b>

Postby doberden » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:16 pm

I think i read somewhere there was an english private school just outside Burgas. was a bit pricey i think.

try a google search you may find it

jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:51 pm

we were very pleased with the local village school and how quickly son leaned to speak Bulgarian and write it really well - it's automatic to seek out the international schools, but the local ones are worth a look. we supplemented this with uk SAM LEARNING and BBC bite size. The Bulgarian schooling experience was a real plus to his whole education which he is finishing in UK.

edited to make a correction

pinkyfahey

Postby pinkyfahey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Yes I totally agree that the local schools provide a good education..although different than English schools..their is a huge advantage of going to the local school and that is the whole social and communication side of the child's education..friends are very important but unfortunately for us our local school was closed due to too few children in the village. So now the children don't have a huge opportunity to communicate with people there own age with their new language skills.
If you can find a village kindergarten I am sure it will be to your children's benefit and yours as you will build a network of friends of a similar age.

pinkyfahey

Postby pinkyfahey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Oh and I forgot to say..you will prob not find these kindergartens on the Internet ( you will see ones in Burgas) but in the surronding areas you will have to visit and ask around...Internet shopping and web pages r not huge over here yet.
One guide is http://schools.guide-bulgaria.com

pinkyfahey

Postby pinkyfahey » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Just seen that Burgas Municipality won European funding to build a Community Center for early childhood development and parental support "Hope". The total project cost is over 3 million The majority of this amount is earmarked for construction of a new kindergarten in - Meden Rudnik .Burgas. Target group are children from 0 to 7 years and their parents. the deadline is 2yrs starting this summer.

Return to “Schools and Education”