Including 'special needs'.

Moderator: Moderator

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi Gardenshed,

yes Lyn is on ur wavelength,

Seedy is never on anyone's wavelength, but he does have a point! (God forbid I stand up for Seedy!!!!) Adults adapt better then children, and it's more likely as you yourself suggested that if anyone gets isolated it would be the kids first.

If ur chosen village is close to a city/other villages then fine, but if you are 30km from anywhere then things will be different.

Plus one last point, because other Brits have done it, that don't make it right! You can only ask though.

I have expressed a couple of points, which i think are valid, but as i don't have kids I will now bow out from the topic.

Best of luck.

Mackay

Postby Mackay » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi Gardenshed

We moved here in May 2011 our two children age 10 & 6 started school in Sofia 1st September, they love it the education they are getting is fantastic although we have a 1 hour drive to school but its worth it.

If I can help let me know.

Good Luck :-)

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Even given the phenomenal number of teachers they have and the inordinate number of years pupils spend in school, OECD data shows that Bulgarian educational attainment standards are poor or "Слаб" as they say over there.

However, things change and nobody can extrapolate anything more than a year or two ahead these days. Bulgarian standards are improving, though they lag behind those of Turkey.

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/54/12/46643496.pdf

The figures show that the UK is higher in the tables yet the need to arrange private tuition seems to have become accepted by UK parents.

Return to “Schools and Education”