mybg members - what age are you?

Got a comment about My Bulgaria? Having technical problems? Can't get into Live Chat? Also the place for Site 'Announcements'!!

Moderator: Moderator

What age group are you?

0-20
No votes
20-30
9%
30-40
No votes
40-50
18%
50-60
41%
60-70
23%
70+
9%

Total votes: 22

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nosmo_King
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

mybg members - what age are you?

Postby Nosmo_King » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:27 pm

Hello all .
I have been a mainly silent member for a couple of years but an avid reader for many a year of mybg. Without trying to upset members, i would be intrested to know peoples ages who are now the regular participants of the forum .The reason for asking is i feel many of the topics answers seem to be based on an elder persons perspective . Many of the topics seems to be on gossip not information , which it used to be . My age is fifty one. This is not a moan just an observation.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:33 pm

Maybe we are long lost twins, I'm also 51. Was you including our age group in the "elder persons perspective"?????

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:41 pm

I am 53 and my OH is 49. I am not sure in what way this influences our viewpoint, except on threads like 'which was the top hit in 1970?'.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:50 pm

There was a thread about this about 3 or 4 years ago, ( either on this forum or 'the other side' ) and I think the average age was around 51. The ones involved then are now 3 or 4 years older, though. I wonder if the aveage age is now higher or lower ? I am 46 and OH 44.
Trev.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Rocky7
Super User!
Super User!

Re: mybg members

Postby Rocky7 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:51 pm

Nosmo_King wrote:i feel many of the topics answers seem to be based on an elder persons perspective .
Very good observation. I sympathised with forum member who turned out to be the same age as me and ever since I have wondered if my opinions are determined by my age.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Nosmo_King and all,

I am also 51! (a 3rd twin? :lol:) ? and have sometimes thought the same, Nosmo. However, there is lots of other stuff for all us 'youngsters' as well, I feel.

Now - can anyone tell me where I can buy a truss and some haemorrhoid cream in BG......?? :)

Ouch! :( .... and bye-bye! :lol: :(

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dylan

Postby dylan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:56 pm

I am 59 and i would have thought most posters on here would be in their 40s and above . Who else would move here permanently or buy a holiday home here, not a 20 year old surely, so it makes sense to me that most mybg members are in the (older) age bracket. dylan

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Dusty
Super User!
Super User!

mybg members

Postby Dusty » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Interesting observation. I have given this some thought because, although I don't feel my age (except if a bit under-the-weather), I think I have changed in my thoughts and views since I was 50. I am now heading for 70 but I do think that, predominantly, posters are late 40s to late 50s. I was a very different person then. Very active and probably not so philosophical. Certainly more sociable, but prefering my own company now. Should we have a poll on age of members? I think it can make a difference to people's lifestyles and opinions.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevetheyorky
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevetheyorky » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Another 51 year old here.

Do not feel remotely old.

I have met old 30 year olds and young 70 year olds

steve

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property