Is it just me

Got a comment about My Bulgaria? Having technical problems? Can't get into Live Chat? Also the place for Site 'Announcements'!!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Is it just me

Postby oldtimer » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Please mod if I have posted this is the wrong section please move it to the right one.

Is it just me or are there other members that feel like I do. I have been a member on MyBulgaria for a long time, but have found over the past year or so that I am almost afraid to post. I read a topic and feel that I would like to post on it to find that peoples posting are being pulled apart etc etc. Its fine if you are a great debater, ecellent speller, and have the ability to put together a great answer, but if you are like me, cant do any of the above that well, what hope do we stand.
:(

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliana

Postby Liliana » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:29 pm

No I don't think it's just you.... I stick to word games and an odd innocuous comment and then back off. Sad isn't it? :cry:

Saying that, this thread will probably get the next beating!

I'm glad someone has brought this up though... I think more than a few people feel the same.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:30 pm

just get ur big wooden spoon old timer and stir it up a bit

if "they" want to pull ur post to bits them let them, that doesn't mean you shouldn't have a voice!!!!!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Ignore the "Bully's" and say what you want to say. It doesn't matter if they tear your post apart, most will agree with you even if they don't comment.
Just ignore them completely and stick to your own opinion, many are just fishing for an argument so don't take the bait :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:38 pm

spantrout wrote:just get ur big wooden spoon old timer and stir it up a bit

if "they" want to pull ur post to bits them let them, that doesn't mean you shouldn't have a voice!!!!!!!

Dont have a large wooden spoon just posting on observations. 8O :lol:
Last edited by oldtimer on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliana

Postby Liliana » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:39 pm

owain wrote:many are just fishing for an argument

That's the point really. Why should anyone want to argue just for the point of it? I believe I learnt a new meaning of 'troll' not long ago :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
pollypepper

Is it just me

Postby pollypepper » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:39 pm

old timer I know what you are saying I worry about posting and find that from time to time stop doing so because of the way others react.
No 2 people think the same but its not nice to have your posts quoted in the way some people think they should.
I personally think quoting on forums in the way its used is a bit like being sarcastic
But its the lowest form of wit when quoting is used in the way it appears often.
If I see post after post done in this way I dont bother reading the topic.
If you cannot say any thing nice, then dont say any thing. As my mum used to say, and Ive said many times on forums in Bulgaria
Im sure Im not alone in asking for a bit more nice, kind and considerable posts
Thank you oldtimer for raising this

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Is it just me

Postby shebry » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:53 pm

oldtimer wrote:Please mod if I have posted this is the wrong section please move it to the right one.

Is it just me or are there other members that feel like I do. I have been a member on MyBulgaria for a long time, but have found over the past year or so that I am almost afraid to post. I read a topic and feel that I would like to post on it to find that peoples posting are being pulled apart etc etc. Its fine if you are a great debater, ecellent speller, and have the ability to put together a great answer, but if you are like me, cant do any of the above that well, what hope do we stand.
:(

We know who the bullies are and they do to. They appear to get pleasure out of more unfortunate ones by being harsh and in some case disrespectful, that is why you don't see me posting on here as much as I have done in the past, but life must carry on. Good luck to the one's who enjoy the quiet life 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Well, apart from an outbreak of "agent wars" a few weeks back, I think things have actually improved over the past few months. As Oldtimer says, perhaps its just me.

This is in contrast to he savaging of individuals (rather than ideas or opinions) that I have seen on two other Forums recently, and on a Facebook group that has now deservedly disappeared.

I miss the contributions of some of the old hands, but do like to see some new voices coming through, as we have at the moment.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Most of the time I try to contribute to a thread in a helpful way even if that means joking a bit to calm things down. Sometimes due to bored peeps negative contributions I will just back off as it's not worth the stress, (that's not what I come on the forum for).

If it gets too bad just PM the Mod and put your case across. Usually they will sort it out with the offender by PM and delete any non-relevant posts.

Return to “Site Comments, Problems, Issues & Stats.”