Bulstat Registration

Got a comment about My Bulgaria? Having technical problems? Can't get into Live Chat? Also the place for Site 'Announcements'!!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
havana

Bulstat Registration

Postby havana » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi
I have been reading MYBG for a while now and decided to join as I am buying an apartment. I have had conflicting information about bulstat registration. Please can anyone help? Thanks

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Bulstat Registration

Postby mememe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:40 pm

havana wrote:Hi
I have been reading MYBG for a while now and decided to join as I am buying an apartment. I have had conflicting information about bulstat registration. Please can anyone help? Thanks

What conflicting things have you been told?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Maybe the conflicting info is to whether you need a company of not, definatley not for an apartment unless you get a share of the footprint (plot/land),and only then if your'e not from an EU country do you need to form a company (hence the need for Bulsat number). More info needed if you want some advice.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Bulstat.

Bulsat is a TV Company.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
womble

Postby womble » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Welcome to the forum Havana, there will be lots of good advice here for you
Good luck

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
womble

Postby womble » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Havana, there will be lots of good advice here for you
Good luck

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
havana

Postby havana » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:45 pm

Thanks for replies. I have been told that after getting title deeds that I would have to register myself in the bulstat agency within 7 days and municipal tax dept. Another person told me this is not necessary as I am not forming a company to buy apartment, I am buying in my own name?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
womble

Postby womble » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:48 pm

I think the later part of your post is correct, but I am not 100% sure

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:04 pm

havana wrote:Thanks for replies. I have been told that after getting title deeds that I would have to register myself in the bulstat agency within 7 days and municipal tax dept. Another person told me this is not necessary as I am not forming a company to buy apartment, I am buying in my own name?

You won't need a Bulstat number as you're buying as an individual but you will have to register the new ownership and pay the 'danak' (similar to Council Tax in the UK) at your local municipality office. You have to fill a form in Bulgarian, so might need an interpreter/helper. This will be linked to your Lichna Karta (BG residency card) which I hope you already have - but if not and you're a Brit, it's an easy and speedy process to get one. (from the local migration office, most likely housed in the main local police station of the region where the flat is).

Don't panic too much if you can't pay the danak immediately - you may even find that the former owners have already paid it for the coming year (to April 2017) If you're late paying, there is a 'fine' - but it's usually just a small amount - just a bit of interest.

But for danak we're not talking big bucks here... I have a 60m2 flat in the centre of Sofia and the danuk is just 180 leva (= c. 80 GBP) per year.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
havana

Postby havana » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Thanks for response. Forgot to say apartment is for holidays only, won't be living out there permanently for a good few years yet! would I still require a lichna karta?

Return to “Site Comments, Problems, Issues & Stats.”