The Full Monty: British Food V/T

Find recommendations here of where to buy!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mixer

Postby mixer » Fri May 25, 2007 4:02 pm

are you a legal shop selling english type food

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chinabike
<b>British/Speciality Food Supplier</b>

Postby chinabike » Sat May 26, 2007 12:24 pm

Hi mixer, of course ! and watch this space as we are moving to premises in V.T. in the very near future.

Monty

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mixer

Postby mixer » Sat May 26, 2007 3:57 pm

glad to hear, that you are legal, so many british come to my country and set up companys and think they can ignor the law. so good luck to you.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:07 pm

Mixer is right. There seem to be a large number of foreigners, including people from Britain. who think they can do business outside the law. Shame on them !

Our small family business complies with Bulgarian law and we pay all taxes promptly. I get mad when I hear about those in the same line of business who do not register with the local authorities and do not pay taxes.
Last edited by scot47 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mixer

Postby mixer » Mon May 28, 2007 11:17 am

can I ask you what are your opening times as my friend wishing to visit you

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
foofee
<b>British/Speciality Food Supplier</b>

The Full Monty

Postby foofee » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:51 am

Sorry for the delay in the reply but have not been able to get onto the My BG web site, anyway if your friend would like to give us a phone call we can discuss opening time etc with him.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:12 am

mixer wrote:glad to hear, that you are legal, so many british come to my country and set up companys and think they can ignor the law. so good luck to you.

As opposed to all the law abiding Bulgarian business people right? You're having a laugh, I have to presume.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
blueberry
Super User!
Super User!

Re: english food vt

Postby blueberry » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:18 am

mariela wrote:do they have soya milk? oats? healthy breakfast food like?

Hi Mariela,

you can find all kinds of soya milk, oats and all kinds of other healthy food at Picadilly Supermarket. If you are in or near VT, the nearest Picadilly is at the city mall.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Charliechech
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Postby Charliechech » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:41 am

Chech loves a good curry and I have tried my best to make my own which only worked once (lack of ingrediants). We then found Uncle Bens curry sauce in Metro once, then they haven't had it in since. My dad brought us a couple of jars from the UK, but we have now run out.

Thank god for Papillion telling me about Full Monty (I missed the posting on the forum, was I gutted!!!!) The Patak's curry sauce has put a smile on Chech's face, he thinks it's gorgeous, just got another jar and may be in VT in a couple of weeks so definately going shopping!!!!!

So I would like to give a big thanks to Full Monty for curry sauce. We need popadoms now!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Charlie

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Dusty
Super User!
Super User!

British food in VT

Postby Dusty » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:37 am

Good luck with the Full Monty but I have to ask why Brits always pine for British food in a foreign country. I would have thought half the fun is shopping for unusual foods (for Brits) and being creative in the cooking. I have found all sorts of subtitutes for English ingredients and I think we are eating healthier and have more interesting dishes. No convenience foods. It is nice if someone brings out some Cheddar or Marmite or HP but we dont pine for it at all. I think Brits must be the most unadventurous eaters of all and the fussiest in spite of all the cookery programmes on TV. Speaking of which, on Bulsatcom there is a Bulgarian cookery programme called Bon Apetite at 9.30am on BTV. Even if you dont understand Bulgarian the chef does everything step by step even down to peeling spuds unlike Saturday Kitchen which is on Zone Club which gives the briefest of help cooking the recipes but is possibly more entertaining. :D

Return to “Shops, Furnishers, Retailers & Suppliers”