Lidl

Find recommendations here of where to buy!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:32 pm

gimlet said...
It's obvious that the system is designed to make better use of staff time by removing that cause of delay.

Lol, obvious to whom? I think my partner would say that buying from them does not necessarily constitute subscribing to their system. He would probably say that "better use of staff time" would be to help him pack. However, that is probably from years of experience in N. America (where they are generally more efficient, more helpful, more cheerful (however pseudo) and still manage to be a lot cheaper).

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:28 am

Lidl has some excellent reheatable hand warmers, two for 3.99 leva, you put them in boiling water for 10 mins to recharge amd they work for an hour when you click a metal tag. I have just used one in a pocket of a 'hello kitty' hand muff for my grand-daughter.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BROWNIE
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby BROWNIE » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:06 am

Lidl are building a new store in Yambol as we speak - next to Technopolis - does anybody have any information as to when it will be opened - will it be before Christmas do you think?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Samche

Postby Samche » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:55 pm

If they do it could mean reasonably priced Stollen- at last!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mickw » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:04 pm

It must be my age but, I find it increasingly difficult to get excited about the opening of another monstrosity. More concerned about how it will affect the already good Bulgarian shops in the same area.My Libido is also failing to respond to the checkout procedure at this 5th rate chain store,and chasing cheddar Cheese around Bulgaria appears to me slightly less interesting than, watching paint dry.

Mick :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
neilmay
Super User!
Super User!

Postby neilmay » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:32 pm

After living here for 3 years, Cheddar cheese in a Bulgarian store is magic.
When the only cheese you can get is rubber with no taste bring on more Lidls.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliana

Postby Liliana » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:34 pm

mickw wrote:chasing cheddar Cheese around Bulgaria appears to me slightly less interesting than, watching paint dry.

Mick :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Samche

Postby Samche » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:43 pm

mickw wrote: More concerned about how it will affect the already good Bulgarian shops in the same area.

As we are living on the money we make here we tend to shop around and go where the prices are lower/ lowest. We do not use Lidl for everything, but if we are in the city we use it for somethings.

We do this because we aren't snobbish about which stores we use- we're just trying to save money.

As Lidl also has a local workforce we are also supporting the local economy.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:33 pm

I used to do a lot of my shopping in the village KOOP shop , but they stopped selling 'Hleb Tipov' , decent 'Portocal' , my favourite 'Salam' and 'Kufteta' , so I'm forced to do quite a bit of my shopping in town . Given that all of the supermarket chains are foreign owned , why not Lidl ? Lidl seems to be very popular in VT judging by the number of Bulgarians walking around town with their carrier bags . Personally I find good cheese rather more interesting than watching paint dry , and seeing as how many shops , including Lidl , already sell Gouda and Edam which are both similar in texture and blandness to Bulgarian Kachkaval , and the only vaguely interesting and not extortionate cheese available is Emmental , then any shop selling mature Cheddar would be very welcome ; unfortunately Lidl had sold out before I got there , was it any good ? They do have stollen in stock however , 8 Lev for a 1kg cake . Tim

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Samche

Postby Samche » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Hippyboy wrote:They do have stollen in stock however , 8 Lev for a 1kg cake . Tim

In that case I shall wait and hope they have bought too much and need to 'Reduce to Clear'!!

Return to “Shops, Furnishers, Retailers & Suppliers”