Lidl

Find recommendations here of where to buy!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cavador

Lidl

Postby Cavador » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:25 am

Hello everybody,
I have to say that Lidl is one of my favourite shops here in the UK, do Lidl in BG sell the same products as the Uk shops or are they totally different, also what's are the prices like, are they the same as the Uk Lidl.

Mick.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gremlinuk
<b>Property Sales</B>

Aaargh

Postby gremlinuk » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:05 am

I cant believe, that with all the lovely Bulgarian food, great quality and the likes, that they introduce Lidl.

Why destroy something thats pretty good, this is the same as Nescafe being pushed in airports and shopping centres in Bulgaria, Nescafe is inferior to the usual Bulgarian coffee, even the petrol station stuff.

I should imagine it will be the same as in the UK, as Lidl dont cater for local taste, which even Tesco do.

Cheers

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Adolf
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Adolf » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:23 am

as Lidl dont cater for local taste

Mind what you're saying, xxxxUK, in my view Lidl is the best thing that's happened on the UK retail scene in years. I only go to Tesco to buy their aspirin at 32p. Unfortunately, owing to stupid Government regulations BOGOF is not available and I can't fill my boots. Toothbrushes are excellent value at 20p for 2 and some of the everyday unbranded lines are good, but generally Tesco is an expensive shop with surprisingly limited choice for the size of the stores. The shopping experience there is rather like being turned over by a Mayfair hooker.

Nescafe is an astonishing price in all shops in the UK and I have no idea why people buy it. It is infinitely more expensive than real coffee.

The truth seems to be that British people are frightened of buying brands they do not know.

Queen Margot Scotch in Lidl at £7.30 is as smooth a blend as you can get, ground coffee is about £1.60 for a couple of hundred of those Continental thingummies, ham is superb and cheap, tinned soups at 35p are excellent value, Camembert is 80p, yoghourt is very cheap, beer 50p a can, the fruit and meat are much more plentiful than they used to be and feature local produce. Porridge is only 35p. I bought a 28" colour TV there a good few years ago for £170, still going strong though there is not much worth watching, saw the same make in my hotel in BG as a matter of interest.

I just hope that the indigenous population carry on patronising Tesco and don't in any circumstances bring their check-out queues to Lidl.

I expect you have to go to Inverness to shop or do you have an account at a local licensed grocer? The mutton pies up there are good in my experience. I have to admit that Tesco do sell oatcakes at a price getting on for a quid, but I'd rather make them from Lidl oats and keep my money firmly in my sporran.

Lidl doesn't want to track my every move either.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:04 am

Adolf
The 'Nescafe' phenomeneon is truly astonishing. You offer people the real McCoy made from ground coffee and they insist on Instant !
Last edited by scot47 on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
benne0

lidl

Postby benne0 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:27 am

Hi Adolf

maybe you need to start a thread about your experiences with Mayfair Hookers!!! I am sure everyone is intrigued.

:D

As for me I dont drink coffee so bring on a cuppa rosie lee

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
CBB47

Lidl

Postby CBB47 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:10 am

Hi, all,

from my experience of Lidl in BG - I would say they are pretty good. Definitely NOT the same range as in the UK, though. The range of veg I found not as good as some stores, but most local people grow their own - so not really unexpected.

The range of meat was fairly extensive (i.e. included lamb and beef, as well as pork) and I managed to find everything else I wanted. I would certainly go to a lidl shop wherever there was one, before trying others in a given area in BG.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:15 am

We have 'Billa' and 'Kaufland' in Shumen but no 'Lidl' Where are they located ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
vjay
Super User!
Super User!

Postby vjay » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:20 am

That is something we are trying to find out.
We have only seen the one in Golden Sands but would like to know where there are others please.

Thanks Vjay

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shadrack
Super User!
Super User!

lidl

Postby shadrack » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:29 am

I thought it was a spoof and it was called lidi and not lidl,but both lidl and aldi are good stores.rick

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Pirol
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: lidl

Postby Pirol » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:24 am

shadrack wrote:I thought it was a spoof and it was called lidi and not lidl,but both lidl and aldi are good stores.rick

...unfortunately just for the customers and for the workers there.

Return to “Shops, Furnishers, Retailers & Suppliers”