New 'PENNY' Supermarkets in BG

Find recommendations here of where to buy!

Moderator: Moderator

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: Penny store

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:59 pm

witchy wrote:One due to open in Karnobat, just at the crossroads, opposite Perla supermarket by the traffic lights. ( close to the veg market) Bourgas to Sofia road.

Or, right next door to the Lukoil Petrol station, I visit Karnobat at least once per week and only noticed the new 'shed' on Monday. I had to ask in the Lukoil station if said shed was going to be a supermarket and they said. 'yes a Penny supermarket'. It is good in such a small town with only Perla (terrible parking) and Gi Gi. I'd still be happier though if it was a small Billa. :wink:

hopkin
Super User!
Super User!

Postby hopkin » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:16 am

Visited PENNY at Nova Zagora last weekend and was favourably impressed, the range was far better than suggested on earlier posts here. Prices were at least compeditive and the special offers were just that, no complaints about quality either. Being a 'regular' on the Billa/Kaufland experiance I would think there is a place for Penny, unfortunatly our nearest one is a bit far away for frequent visits so it will be local supermarkets and Sliven market plus our village shops for the time being.

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Bit of a word of warning shopping at Penny's. I, like most blokes, look at price, stick in trolley and pay. My wife however, has eyes like a **** house rat. on SEVEN items she noted the label price and the shelf price were different. At the till, lo and behold, they were all calculated on the higher prices.

I know it sounds bitty, but the difference was about 12lvs in total.

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Got that in our local Valan supermarket today. Prices were double so watch out.

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sat May 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Have been waiting for the new Karnobat Penny Supermarket to open since it was built prior to New Year, but it is still not trading so, was very surprised to see the new one in Yambol already open and trading.

My Bulgarian workers don't think much of it price wise, said basic produce was considerably more expensive than what they're used too.

Still, it would be nice to have the choice as perhaps Gi Gi and Perla, Karnobat's only two decent sized supermarkets will be faced with a little pricing competition although, I suspect a cartel anyway. :wink:

fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 pm

I was not impressed at all with Penny - bit of a let down really. I bought a tin of sweets for the car, to find, when home it had been opened and was half empty.
Weefrankie bought mushrooms, the two on top were good the rest mouldy.

Want be venturing back I am thinking.

adele
Super User!
Super User!

Postby adele » Sat May 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Popovo at long last has come into 20th century we got our Penny Market 2 weeks ago in my personal opinion it is very good the prices and range of goods are very competitive the staff are really helpful and friendly I have so far not experienced any of the bad side of this company so can only speak as i find

millerman

Postby millerman » Sat May 22, 2010 12:51 pm

We've been in the one in Sliven when we have been there on a visit MW,but where is the one in Yambol ???
S :o

scotcouple
<b>Property Management/Sales</b>

Postby scotcouple » Sat May 22, 2010 4:00 pm

The one in Yambol is from the Elhovo end of the road you come to the OMV garage and turn right carry on along the rod until you pass sara supermarket on the right hand side then at end of the road turn left and penny is on your right hand side. It's on the same road as the KAT office.
I think the easiest way to find it from Yambol side is go past Kaufland take a left at OMV and then follow same directions.
Prices are not bad at all really but just like most shops some things are cheaper some are dearer, We have been happy with the things we have bought so far as well although I don't really buy fruit and veg from places like that anyway as they never ever look after their stuff it's much better getting it from the fruit bazaars.
yes Brian you def need to watch out for that we were in Piccadilly in Yambol and I fancied a bit parmesan for the old spag bols shelf price said 3.99 which I thought was a kg but no it was 100grms price was actually 39.95 per kilo needless to say it' still sitting there back on the shelf.
Pay's to keep attention.
jenny

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sat May 22, 2010 5:17 pm

There is one in Ravda and one just about to open near the roundabout to Nessebar/Sunny Beach road

Return to “Shops, Furnishers, Retailers & Suppliers”