Where to buy noticeboards?

Find recommendations here of where to buy!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
queserasera
Super User!
Super User!

Where to buy noticeboards?

Postby queserasera » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:40 am

Hi Everyone,

We are looking for a weatherproof noticeboard, suitable for fitting on an outside wall (underneath the apartment block) at a complex, to display Owner's Association news/complex rules etc...

We are situated close to Sunny Beach, any pointers as to where we can get something like this from would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:29 am

Have never seen anything like that for sale in Bulgaria, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Thinking outside of the box, I would suggest that unless you find a purpose made notice board that you consider two other options: -

a) laminate your notices and pin them to some cork board; you can buy the cork boards in Metro, Baumax etc. but they're for indoor use and will rot unless protected from the weather elements.

b) get a local carpenter to knock you up a slim cabinet with glass doors and key locks that you can mount on the wall. If you want to be posh, you could even have a small light fitted inside of it to illuminate your posters during the night.

Hope that helps. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
queserasera
Super User!
Super User!

Postby queserasera » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:37 am

Hi Moscow wolf,

I've seen the corkboards and we do have one inside the apartment block. But the area underneath the apartment block where we wanted to put the noticeboard, is covered over but it's a bit of a wind tunnel - so I think a corkboard would be too lightweight.

I think we may have to find someone who can make a sturdy cabinet up for us. It doesn't have to be anything fancy so hopefully this is something we can get done.

Many thanks

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:46 am

queserasera wrote:Hi Moscow wolf,

I've seen the corkboards and we do have one inside the apartment block. But the area underneath the apartment block where we wanted to put the noticeboard, is covered over but it's a bit of a wind tunnel - so I think a corkboard would be too lightweight.

I think we may have to find someone who can make a sturdy cabinet up for us. It doesn't have to be anything fancy so hopefully this is something we can get done.

Many thanks

You could mount the 'cork board' on top of a piece of treated OSB (Sterling Board or better still, a piece Marine Plywood that would take out the flimsiness of the cork board and buy some wooden Cornice (available in most hardware/DIY shops) to make a nice sturdy frame. Thinking again after my initial post that if you paint the cork board with some oil based paint it should protect it from the weather elements, but might restrict your drawing pins from going in easily. :?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:11 am

I imagine you will have no difficulty finding a carpenter to manufacture your board what does worry me is where you are going to site it. You need to put it somewhere where it can be read with ease, not some windtunnel, else the whole exercise is pointless.

Ask in builders yards for recommendations or have a day looking about the areas "restaurants and bars" for something similar to what you want and ask inside

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
queserasera
Super User!
Super User!

Postby queserasera » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Moscow wolf & Theweeton,

Great advice, and very helpful thank you.

Who knows we may well find that one of the property owners at the complex has the know how to do the job if we pay for the materials and their time.

We have spent a lot of time and effort compiling rules and guidelines, which seems pointless if we can't display them where everyone can see them. So it would be nice to have a proper communal noticeboard in time for this season.

Thanks again
Q

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:50 am

Simple for a carpenter to make a board but do not use glass, unless it is the toughened type. A clear plastic is much safer and readily a vailable in most DIY stores.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
queserasera
Super User!
Super User!

Postby queserasera » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi Seathrift,

Good point and your absolutely right.
We are pretty exposed on a hillside and away from the village. So even in the height of summer there is always a breeze, and if it were to fall it then glass would be a dangerous choice.
So clear plastic it will definitely have to be. It might be an idea to be able to take it down after the end of the summer season, that way it will survive the winters.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:14 pm

You could always get one of these....

LED Board

although at 245 leva for the cheapest, it may be outside your budget.

However, they want 330 leva for a sandwich board at Office1

[url=http://www.office1.bg/Канцеларски%20материали-r1/Средства%20за%20презентация-g15/Помощни%20средства-s1503/O1S%20ИНФОБОРД,%20А1-a1503100000070.html]табло[/url]

You could always try typing табло into http:/www.google.bg as I did, although you'll get a few items about dashboards.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:23 pm

queserasera wrote:Hi Seathrift,

Good point and your absolutely right.
We are pretty exposed on a hillside and away from the village. So even in the height of summer there is always a breeze, and if it were to fall it then glass would be a dangerous choice.
So clear plastic it will definitely have to be. It might be an idea to be able to take it down after the end of the summer season, that way it will survive the winters.

Clear plastic/perspex distorts vision. Glass in a proper frame would be no less safe than glass in a house window frame plus, of course, you could buy safety glass. :wink:

Return to “Shops, Furnishers, Retailers & Suppliers”