Swimming Pool Quote

Find recommendations here of where to buy!

Moderator: Moderator

Bizzell

Swimming Pool Quote

Postby Bizzell » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:56 am

Hi There

Not sure if posting on the right forum so apologies if not.

I've just had a quote for a 10 x 4 swimming pool at 39390 Lv. This includes all the groundwork and levelling, equiptment and installation but not the patio around the pool.

Could anybody advise whether this is a reasonable quote?

Many thanks

Bizzell

alig
Super User!
Super User!

pool

Postby alig » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:45 pm

dont know about anyone else, but i would want a house chucked in with that quote. I personally, feel it is on the high side and maybe, you should get another couple of quotes, just to compare.
Alig

scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:24 pm

toooooo expensive. Way over the top. I know pools that size have been done for around 25000 levs. Like the last post....get some more 'estimates' in writing.
scanniaman.

jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Re: pool

Postby jinx57 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:26 pm

alig wrote:dont know about anyone else, but i would want a house chucked in with that quote. I personally, feel it is on the high side and maybe, you should get another couple of quotes, just to compare.
Alig

definitely!

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Try doing a search here for swimming pools, you should find a lot of info on what other people paid and who is recommended and who is not!

white-knight

Postby white-knight » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:57 pm

39390 Lv for a swimming pool scandlous.....tell them to go take a jump ...no pun intended.

do some research & get several quotes before doing anything.

my pool is 8 x 4 inground concrete construction, pump house ...etc ....although it was installed 5 years ago it cost a third of what you have been quoted ....many companies here in BG are struggleing for work & yes materials have risen ...but not that much .

construction_help

pool

Postby construction_help » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Try Tbh Bulgaria

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 2140750712

For a pool around that size you would be looking around 20,000 - 25,000 and even that's top end.

Charliechech
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Postby Charliechech » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Toby Hunt from TBH Building services has done a far few pools now and he works all over BG. Worth asking him

scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:22 am

If I recall correctly Toby Hunt has been praised quite a few times on this site so yes he is worth contacting for an estimate and I'm sure he'd let you speak to any of his previous customers regarding his work.
I haven't got a 'real' pool myself, just one of those cheap above ground one's with wood effect trim... :D and it looks bl**dy lovely, ..at least it will when it's put up in October !
scanniaman.

white-knight

Postby white-knight » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:43 am

Vinyl liners, obviously, are more fragile than solid liners and subject to puncture. Some installation processes use sand instead of the concrete mixture on the floor, with a layer of wall foam beneath. However, roots from nearby trees or other vegetation can actually grow through the liner.

Pool maintenance tools and pets can also cause accidental puncture if precautions are not taken. In addition, liners can break down from pool water and sunlight over time, making the liner brittle and prone to cracking in stress areas. And bacteria can cause discoloration in a liner.

Under perfect conditions, the life expectancy of a middle-range quality liner is about 6-years; longer for higher-end liners.

Plus having worked on several this season ,all with the same problems (punctures) im just glad i took the Real pool option ....as with all things in life you only get what you pay for.

Return to “Shops, Furnishers, Retailers & Suppliers”