What appears to be a successful business set up by Brit

Find recommendations here of where to buy!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

What appears to be a successful business set up by Brit

Postby Malarkey » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:33 pm

OK it is a Brit centered business although not exclusively.

But hats off to them as the shop front looks great.

http://andysfoods.com/map-directons/

PS Years ago I remember an Andy posting on here. Think he was selling food from a refrigerated van. Would like to think he made good but seem to remember that he had an English wife, so maybe a different Andy.

Still good to see a successful business.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Re: What appears to be a successful business set up by Brit

Postby mememe » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Malarkey wrote:OK it is a Brit centered business although not exclusively.

But hats off to them as the shop front looks great.

http://andysfoods.com/map-directons/

PS Years ago I remember an Andy posting on here. Think he was selling food from a refrigerated van. Would like to think he made good but seem to remember that he had an English wife, so maybe a different Andy.

Still good to see a successful business.

I know Andy personally and he's a very nice guy who has a Bulgarian wife (as it says on his website) and he's been here quite a few years. I may be wrong but I'm not sure if the shop is still going. The reason is that I recommended Andy's shop to some Bulgarian neighbours and gave them his website address. However, a few weeks later they reported that they had gone to the shop address but the shop had closed. I did check their meaning and they said as in closed down. (Don't want to be a rumour-monger so potential customers can always contact Andy beforehand to check if they want to visit).

I cannot confirm the above personally as I haven't been in that region in Sofia recently but I know that the website is still functioning as are sales. Andy delivers bought products to anywhere in BG by courier.

I think he was a member here at one time but hasn't posted for years as far as I know.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nosmo_King
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

successful business

Postby Nosmo_King » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:09 am

The other andy with the english wife ( jane ) are still around and have a thriving business selling frozen foods from there new van ( ex mobile library )

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 am

Andy was talking about giving up on the shop because most of his business is either delivery or wholesale so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it had closed. The business itself is very much alive and kicking though; with the smaller number of expats and greater range of product stocked by the main supermarkets he's doing a lot of other things as well - commercial foods mainly and is also involved with the fellow who does beers.bg. Just contact him through the website

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malarkey » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Good to know that two Andy's both doing well.

Return to “Shops, Furnishers, Retailers & Suppliers”