What appears to be a successful business set up by Brit

Find recommendations here of where to buy!

Moderator: Moderator

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

What appears to be a successful business set up by Brit

Postby Malarkey » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:33 pm

OK it is a Brit centered business although not exclusively.

But hats off to them as the shop front looks great.

http://andysfoods.com/map-directons/

PS Years ago I remember an Andy posting on here. Think he was selling food from a refrigerated van. Would like to think he made good but seem to remember that he had an English wife, so maybe a different Andy.

Still good to see a successful business.

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Re: What appears to be a successful business set up by Brit

Postby mememe » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Malarkey wrote:OK it is a Brit centered business although not exclusively.

But hats off to them as the shop front looks great.

http://andysfoods.com/map-directons/

PS Years ago I remember an Andy posting on here. Think he was selling food from a refrigerated van. Would like to think he made good but seem to remember that he had an English wife, so maybe a different Andy.

Still good to see a successful business.

I know Andy personally and he's a very nice guy who has a Bulgarian wife (as it says on his website) and he's been here quite a few years. I may be wrong but I'm not sure if the shop is still going. The reason is that I recommended Andy's shop to some Bulgarian neighbours and gave them his website address. However, a few weeks later they reported that they had gone to the shop address but the shop had closed. I did check their meaning and they said as in closed down. (Don't want to be a rumour-monger so potential customers can always contact Andy beforehand to check if they want to visit).

I cannot confirm the above personally as I haven't been in that region in Sofia recently but I know that the website is still functioning as are sales. Andy delivers bought products to anywhere in BG by courier.

I think he was a member here at one time but hasn't posted for years as far as I know.

Nosmo_King
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

successful business

Postby Nosmo_King » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:09 am

The other andy with the english wife ( jane ) are still around and have a thriving business selling frozen foods from there new van ( ex mobile library )

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 am

Andy was talking about giving up on the shop because most of his business is either delivery or wholesale so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it had closed. The business itself is very much alive and kicking though; with the smaller number of expats and greater range of product stocked by the main supermarkets he's doing a lot of other things as well - commercial foods mainly and is also involved with the fellow who does beers.bg. Just contact him through the website

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malarkey » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Good to know that two Andy's both doing well.

Return to “Shops, Furnishers, Retailers & Suppliers”